- src: xscreensaver-5.00a11.tar.gz -- do not distribute!
bin: xscreensaver-5.00a11.dmg -- do not distribute!
- I think all the preferences work now. Please let me know if you find anything that doesn't.
Comments on the layout/look of the .dmg?
- Anything else I should say in the enclosed Readme? (Is HTML the Done Thing for those?)
I played around with writing a little Applescript "installer" that would just tell Finder "select all the .savers in this directory and drag them to $HOME/Library/Screen Savers", but I couldn't figure out any way to do that that didn't involve implementing the "replace/replace all/cancel" dialog myself, so I gave up.
Is it possible to delete the default Apple screen savers? Update: Somehow I had missed that they are in "/System/Library/Screen Savers/".
Still waiting for a guru to tell me:
- How to make screen grabbing work;
- How to make XCopyArea() go real fast.
I'm open to suggestions about what to do about xscreensaver-getimage and xscreensaver-text. I could just put the scripts themselves inside the bundle, but what do I do about their preferences (image directory, URL to load, etc.) In the X11 version, those prefs are centralized...
Why don't my .saver bundles show up with custom icons in Finder? The .icns is in there, and CFBundleIconFile is set.
See the TODO list for more.