Top ten spam subject lines:
- Donald Trump Wants You - Please Respond
- Double Standards New Product - Penis Patch
- Body Wrap: Lose 6-20 inches in one hour
- Get an Apple iPod Nano, PS3 or Xbox 360 for Free
- It's Lisa, I must have sent you to the wrong site
- Breaking Stock News** Small Cap Issue Poised to Triple
- Thank you for your business. Shipment notification
- Your Mortgage Application is Ready
- Thank you: Your $199 Rolex Special Included
- Online Prescriptions Made Easy
top ten spam subjects
"AOL said it blocked an average of 1.5 billion spam messages each day."
Tags: computers, mail
Current Music: 50 Foot Wave -- Long Painting ♬
That's funny; almost all of the spam that gets through for me has had "breaking news" as its subject line.
my favorite was one i received the other day:
Subject: Your name ... in WOOD!
Is this a serious or just for fun list ;)? The "Donald Trump Wants You - Please Respond" one can be found nowhere on the internet, just in this AOL news item.
Poorly-drawn cartoons inspired by actual spam subject lines.
Ultimate varsity CAPTCHA: Was the poorly drawn cartoon drawn by a human or computer? Extra credit: What was the original spam subject line?
Experimental design vocabulary might include: This post-impressionist pontillism represents the desire to inform you that it likes trumpets."
Uh, so last month when AOL gave me a nasty email telling me that my server was the source of 8% of their spam reports one day, that means that my server sent approximately 120 million emails? :-)
(btw, the reason my server was sending spam was due to a hole in a client's contact form -- web hosting, its a dangerous business!)