2 xtreme 4 u!!11

Playing with fire:
Several entrepreneurs have started selling inexpensive kits to allow car enthusiasts to shoot flames 2 feet or longer. They say they are seeing surprising interest in their products, which add nothing to performance and are meant strictly for showing off.

"It's like the new fad," says Clay Miller, CEO of Rasckl Enterprises in Corry, Pa. He says he took orders for his Xtreme Flame Kitz from as far away as Australia and Switzerland when he set up a booth in November at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) trade expo in Las Vegas.

1. liveavatar says:

So it's come to this. We're lighting car farts now.

2. I'm charles darwin, and I approve idiots playing with fire.

You don't have to beleive me to win my award.

3. Damnit, it's not wheelchair-mountable. Back to the drawing board.

• Yeah, but I bet you could jury-rig it to one of those damn mini-motorbikes and then send the owner to play in traffic. I mean, it's kind of a one-bird-with-two-stones kind of deal, but entertaining, educational, and viscerally gratifying.

4. kallisti says:

It's all fun and games until you blow someone's car up!

5. 33mhz says:

Surely nothing bad can come of this.

6. fantasygoat says:

Welcome to the 1950's.

All you need is a coil, a couple of spark plugs and an ignition kill switch to dump raw fuel into the exhaust and it's party time!

7. vxo says:

(Hrmm. My original comment somehow broke the page colors for everything below... I didn't even know this was possible.)

It needs a bumper sticker which reads, "Do Not Tailgate ... OR ELSE!"

8. tfofurn says:

My favorite part of this: the owner/driver doesn't get to see either of the last two.

9. buckthorn says:

I knew I'd seen thins done already.... In South Africa. Jo'burg. But this time, it's side-mounted and used to deter carjackers. I'd say it would.

I'm usually a Libertarian when it comes to legislation, but even I would stand in line to outlaw this. Although this does add new oomph to the old "What are a redneck's last words? 'Hey y'all, watch this!!'".

10. jesus_x says:

As someone who has had the displeasure of living far too close to Corry, let me say that I am in no way surprised by this. James Carville had it right. Pennsylvania is Pittsburgh to the west, Philly to the east, and Alabama in the middle. I just don't know how these people haven't burned themselves up yet...