dnalounge update

DNA Lounge update, wherein you lock the target.
Current Music: Front 242 -- 7Rain ♬

1. g_na says:

Front 242 was 17 May 89 at the Fillmore:

2. you forgot about the e-tard making sweet, sweet love to your poor defenseless shirt!

also, you got at least one or two nice shots of the backing video. still think you'd have enjoyed this more if you'd watched that.

gonna get still & raw now. thanks.

3. ioerror says:

What, no mention of the people that threw the bottle? what happened to them?

Oh yeah, that. I forgot.

I haven't heard from anyone who actually saw a bottle.

• bneely says:

The bottle incident seemed fake to me. I was in the back and wouldn't have seen it if it happened. But I didn't see the two singers say a word to the other two guys, who also left the stage after the instrumental. The tour manager's speech also felt phony.

Hey, are intermissions good for bar sales?

• jackbrinks says:

I haven't seen word of anyone who actually saw the bottle either. The whole thing felt like an ego-trip: "my band needs some ego stroking. If you cheer real loud then _maybe_ I can coax them back out." Call the rest of the show an encore. No acknowledgement from R23 or others of the alleged incident or advice not to do it again. Poor aging rock stars, braving it out in these rough American crowds.

• bdu says:

Actually, they did reference it when they came back for the encore, you can hear it on the archive, "Thank you all, but one!"

ie, thanks everyone, except for one of you.

Also, when the manager came out and said that someone had thrown a bottle at the band, I saw at least 4 hands go up in the air and point to someone while shouting that it was that person. I couldn't see who it was, nor verify that they weren't just using it as a way to try to get some asshole kicked, but presumably these people saw that person throw the bottle.

4. pvck says:

Thanks for the reminder, I'm have to dig out Still+Raw now. It is one of my favorite albums by them.

As a semi-related side note, have you heard disk 2 of the Combichrist's "Everybody hates you"? It's a lot more mellow, and actually reminds me of a sort of simple-minded Still+Raw, in an anonymous background music sort of way.

5. dfb says:

I had one of them thrown out halfway through the first song, and the other two got themselves thrown out eventually, but not before they'd managed to piss off pretty much the whole front third of the room.

So how do you end up throwing big guys like this out? Are they mature about it, or does it take four bouncers to drag them kicking and screaming?

• You usually do it by having bouncers that are just as big.

Then pile four of them on. I've never seen a bouncer who wasn't willing to use group tactics and overwhelming force at the drop of a hat, they don't have time to be nice if you aren't going to cooperate. The more guys you can use, the less likely it is that there will be any fighting at all.

Sort of a "shock and awe" approach to bouncing, I guess.

• bdu says:

I saw one of them being hauled out, one bouncer on the top half, another on the bottom. He wasn't going easily.

6. holywar says:

I had the same feeling the last time I saw Clutch. I used to really,
    really love them, and saw them a whole bunch of times in college and
    was always blown away by their shows. Then I saw them a couple of
    years ago and had a good time, but didn't enjoy it nearly as much as
    I used to. It took me a while to realize that it was probably because
    the band and I were both about ten years older. Young whippersnappers
    don't know how good they've got it.

7. fantasygoat says:

First the knee and now this.

8. kyronfive says:

Your photos are making me morn, yet again, the fact that i'm presently without a D10.