no ski = zombies

Dammit! The ski jump down Fillmore street, originally scheduled for this saturday, has been cancelled due to whining!

I was planning on getting up early and everything.

That means there's only one thing left to do: Zombie Invasion of the Beijen/Tulchin wedding!

"I can't even describe how hard this has been, to come down two weeks before our wedding," she said. "No bride should have to face this before she gets married."

The Flood Mansion, which costs $8,500 to rent for a wedding, did not receive notice of "Icer Air 2005" until recently.

(Brains.)

Tags: ,

1. porphyre says:

2. flipping_hades says:

Call Invader Zim! Unleash.........the Zimbies!

3. chuck_lw says:

>But perhaps no one is more irate than Laurie Beijen and her fiance, Ben Tulchin, who are getting married at the historic Flood Mansion at Broadway and Fillmore the day of "Icer Air 2005."

I recall one incident (or actually non-incident) when I was exercising in a nearby park. (Weird things tend to happen when I exercise in city parks, as demonstrated in a post I just made a few minutes ago.)

I had finished a few laps around the park -- looking sweaty and disheveled, most likely -- and I parked myself on a spot in an open grassy area about 30 yards to the east of a parthenon-like structure that's commonly used for various events. (In fact, the thing is commonly called the Parthenon.)

I took off my glasses -- effectively blinding myself -- did a Tai Chi form a few times through, and then contorted myself with some highly involved stretches.

At some point I heard a noise behind me, so I put my glasses back on and looked...

Somebody had snuck a hoity-toity wedding into the Parthenon. And the bride and groom were looking out on this open grassy area ... and at me (doing back bridges and splits-like thingies).

Nobody had complained at all. But suddenly I got it into my head that it was my duty to quietly gather up my stuff and tiptoe away. So I did.

So I'm sorry to hear the ski jump got canceled the way it did. From my personal experience with such things, I'd like to think that the ski jumpers and the fans would just sort of silently skulk away once they noticed a wedding was going on. But that's just me.

• lexinatrix says:

I know I for one would have enjoyed seeing "a VIP vodka garden in front of the monastery."

4. djinnaya says:

That would be a santa invasion. Complete with "Let It Snow!" played on endless loop.

5. b4ntown_27875 says:

#BANTOWN DONS U WITH THE CROWN OF DR PEPPER !!!U STINKY OLD SMELLY FARTY FACETHE AMAZING KELLY CLARKSON LIVE!!! HY TO MY FRIENDS IN #BUTTES BANTOWN 4 LYF WORD TO MY GNAA NIGGAZ BANTOWN 4 LYF SHOUTS TO MALICE_BD AND EMANUEL LOLSTEIN!!!#BANTOWN IRC.IDLENET.ORG OWNS YOU !!!!!!!!!1!THERES NOTHING LIKE MARINATED POO POO BBQ

6. bant0wn_26872 says:

#BANTOWN DONS U WITH THE CROWN OF FUCKING LOL SHIT !!!U STINKY OLD SMELLY NASTY PERV GO CODE NETSCAPE AGAIN U FUCKING NASTY FAG!!! PROPS TO GNAA BANTOWN 4 LYF SHOUTS TO RLOXLEY, EMMANUEL LOLSTEIN, MALICE_BD #BANTOWN IRC.IDLENET.ORG OWNS YOU !!!!!!!!!1!DIAL 1-888-LOL-WHAT FOR ABUSE/FLOOD COMPLAINTSLOL SLUT POO FACE POO POO MOUTH DOOKIE BUTTLOL HOW SKILLED R U? OH ZERO!FGT

7. bant0wn_8641 says:

8. bant0wn_26872 says:

9. b4ntown_6068 says:

10. blasdelf says:

You know you're on top of things when the Gay Niggers Association of America comment bombs your livejournal.

I'd delete all the duplicate comments, but leave one of each type. Wear it like a medallion of awesome.

11. blasdelf says:

Feel bad about coding the origin of the Marquee tag yet? At least they're not using blink

12. spoonyfork says:

(What's with the 4000+ comments?)

13. agreatnotion says:

Brilliant. I was thinking a sno-cone machine would be pretty awesome too... for snowball throwing, of course.

14. defenestr8r says:

i wholeheartedly support the zombie idea. bring it!

and what the hell is going on with your comments?

15. cwilllu says:

It may just be my youthful naivity, but I didn't get the sense from the article that it was a this-shalt-not-happen-here decision.

16. cwilllu says:

Guess it depends on which article you read...

17. spoonfeeding says:

HOW CAN YOU BE SO CRUEL??? SO CRUEL?

sigh. This makes me so ashamed to be alive.

18. miss_trinka says:

i will be there with my camera. i read the wedding is at 4:00?