I haven't written here in a while because there's been almost nothing interesting going on, I'm afraid to say. Let's see, what has been going on?
- Remedy, our weekly Friday event, finally called it quits after 148 events over two and a half years. It looks like we'll be doing one-off events on Fridays for the forseeable future, and if history is to be any guide, those will probably be hiphop. This undermines our usual "we've got both kinds of music, house and hiphop" gag.
- Recently, Lift (or as we all call it, "Pukey Asian Night") broke their own record, with 24 confirmed pukings. The previous record was 16, set way back in May 2003. Please note: this only counts confirmed pukings. A confirmed puking is one that requires clean-up. If someone does it in toilet bowl, or a trash can, or three blocks away, it doesn't count.
- We got a ticket for littering. A gaggle of inspectors and cops came by at 1AM on a Saturday night and ticketted us because there were cigarette butts on our sidewalk. You know, underneath all of the people smoking, who were still standing there!
- We were instructed that we need to have a candle permit. Yes, apparently if you ever want to have those little restaurant candles out on tables, the city expects you to pay them for that.
- Oh, and of course, , - , .
- We still haven't found a contractor for the Secret Construction Project. We've got the permits, but can't find anyone (licensed) who is willing to actually do the work.
- "Operation: Hang A Sign On The Building" is now entering the fourth year of its planning stage. Hey guys, no need to rush it!
Notably absent from that list are any bands. Looks like the last real band that played here was The Epoxies in May! (I'm not counting in my current definition of band "a dozen MCs and DJs plus one drummer", which is perhaps not completely fair, but whatever.)