Six-legged puppy found in Malaysia

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia -- A puppy with six legs and two penises was found sleeping outside a Chinese temple in a Malaysian town, and devotees are treating the freak find as a good omen, a news report said Sunday.

The furry puppy with brown patches was sleeping at the temple entrance on Thursday morning when it was spotted by a temple caretaker, said the Star newspaper, which published the animal's picture clearly showing the extra two legs and the additional organ.

"He (the caretaker) lifted the canine to place it elsewhere and was shocked to see that the puppy had six legs," the Star quoted the Kwang Sung Temple committee member Tee Kim Huat as saying. The temple is in Pandamaran town, south of Kuala Lumpur near Port Klang.

The puppy, believed to have been left there by someone, is being cared for by the temple committee, Tee said. He said devotees feel that the unusual dog is a bearer of good fortune and have named him Ong Fatt, or the Lucky One.

The temple committee has obtained a dog-rearing permit from the Klang Municipal Council to keep the puppy as a pet.

Tags: ,

1. webwench says:

I want to make a really bad joke of some sort about extra drumsticks, but I suppose I shouldn't.

• iota says:

Would you like to try our new six-piece bucket-o-puppy? Make it a family pack with cole slaw and biscuits for only $2 more!

2. drtrevorkian says:

Non-Aggression Pact -- 1 KHZ

9mm Grudge! Great CD. NAP was one of the best bands to spawn from this area (Tampa Bay) in the '90s. After years of shouting for a follow-up release, I was really unimpressed with what I heard from Broadcast Quality Belligerence and still haven't bought it.

3. smokedamage says:

poor thing. i hope it lives out a happy life. i wonder if other dogs will give it a hard time like humans would.

4. tsarin says:

Maybe one day he'll tree the two-faced cat born last Sunday.

End times, or something.

5. 5tephe says:

Insecto-puppy, surely?

And where was the "I, for one..." title we have come to know and love?

6. starjewel says:

You know, I saw this on Yahoo last night and went to the Malaysian Star in search of a photo. I almost posted it to <lj user="baaaaabyanimals">, but I was afraid I'd freak people out.

7. 33mhz says:

Not my fault.

8. g_na says:

Oh man, it doesn't mention if the extra legs and penis are functional. Can the legs support weight and propel the pup? Are the penises both connected to the urinary system? I wanna see an x-ray!

9. This makes me think of an old saying of my grandfather's about being 'busier than a two peckered billy-goat.'

10. notabouthim says:

I'd give my left penis to be normal..

11. psymbiotic says:

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia

My Mom was born in Kuala Lumpur. :>

Egan >:>

12. greatbiggary says:

Given the mathematics of it all, I wonder if he and Faith would breed normals, or something even more fantastic.

13. valacosa says:

The gene for extra fingers/toes in humans is dominant, so offspring have a 50% chance of inheriting it. I wonder if the same is true of extra limbs.

14. morpheuse says:

last i checked, we dont have a nuke power plant here.

but we do have plenty of carbon emission from factories and cars...tsk tsk..

15. recursive says:

It's the Hindu god-puppy!

16. If I remember correctly, a pig with six legs and two penises was also nicknamed "Lucky".

17. It cannot be true. How did they catch a six-legged dog?

• taffer says:

As you may know, puppies have "on" and "off" settings, nothing in between. They probably just waited for it to stop running around at 100Km/hr and go to sleep or start eating some food.

18. violentbloom says:

ROSEBURG, Oregon (AP) - A newborn kitten recently entered the world with two faces and, hopefully, at least nine lives.

Gemini was born Sunday with two mouths, two tongues, two noses and four eyes.

"I kind of feel sorry for her, because I can't know for a fact if she's going to live or die," its owner, Lee Bluetear, told the (Roseburg) News-Review. "If she makes it, she should be a perfectly normal and healthy cat. Other than having two faces."

Roseburg veterinarian Alan Ross, who examined the kitten on Tuesday, said he can't estimate the kitten's life span. He said when he first saw the kitten, he wouldn't have given her more than a 10 per cent chance of survival.

"With the three of our veterinarians here, we have a combined total of 50 years of experience," Ross said. "We have never seen anything like this."

Bluetear has been breeding different kinds of animals, starting with dogs, since 1980. Roughly three years ago, she discovered a litter of smaller than normal kittens she calls "miniature cats."

Gemini was born to a miniature mother and a full-size father.

"Everybody is totally amazed that this thing exists," Bluetear said.