Curse you, Lazyweb

Nevermind, I don't care enough to wade through your lousy answers.
Tags: ,

1. scosol says:

i had a big "suggestions" thing written to enable better use of apple's x implementation- but wait- you've been using emacs to post to lj????

2. allartburns says:

Hrm, iJournal works for me, but I'm on 10.3 stil...

3. I use xJournal and I have no problems with it (I especially utilize it's Glossary tool...). Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but I suggest you give it a try.

It only does bold and italic! It's worthless.

• duskwuff says:

I don't believe there are any free WYSIWYG HTML editors for OS X. The only ones, free or non-free, that I can think of offhand are Dreamweaver, InDesign, and Netscape 4.x. Dreamweaver and Indesign are ugly, bug-ridden, and entirely too heavyweight for your purposes, and you of all people probably know how horrible the last would be. Especially considering that you'd have to run it under Classic or X11.

SubEthaEdit has a neat little feature that lets you view a text file you're editing as HTML - the view updates in real-time as you edit the HTML - but that really isn't WYSIWYG now, is it?

• cranaic says:

You might be able to use this set of plugins to post via firefox to a local instance of wordpress, which then syncs to livejournal.

• bifrosty2k says:

I'd have to agree, but I'm sorta minimalist and I like it.
        HTML, fuck that/etc/etc...

4. malach says:

Ecto would be my recommendation - I use it for WordPress and MT based blogs, but it seems to support LJ as well.

It's not freeware, but you can try before you buy.

5. strangehours says:

iJournal works really well for me, but the HTML preview isn't great. It displays with much more whitespace than it should, and images are shown as ?s. You also can't edit in HTML mode, so you have to switch backwards and forwards. There are a couple of java clients (on sourceforge) not listed on that page, but they all look pretty universally crappy (not to mention not WYSIWYG).

Speaking of capital-U Unthinkable, carbon support is (the - depending on who you are) one thing that GNU emacs has all over XEmacs.

6. wetzel says:

try deepest sender. It's a firefox/mozilla extension, but should do what you want.

7. rystic says:

Try MarsEdit. It kicks mucho ass.