dnalounge update

DNA Lounge update, wherein we rock the Engrish.

1. mark242 says:

$60 a head? Is that the most expensive DNA show ever run?

2. edlang says:

Why was the drummer behind a perspex screen? I realise some Asians are stereotyped as having a propensity to spit in public, but really...

And if it were to protect the ears of the other band members, why didn't they just prerecord the kit lines?

• gadlen says:

The screen is to lower the natural volume of the drums so that the volume can be controlled from the mikes and mixing board. Otherwise, the minimum volume of the band is dictated by the (perenially loud) drum set. The screens are not that uncommon.

3. jesus_x says:

These are excellent if only for the next use of the word "wherein" in humorous and unexpected situations.

4. boldra says:

The crowd was well-behaved. That sounds like drink sales were down.

5. fantasygoat says:

Do you get a piece of that sweet ticket action or just the club rental and bar?

I can't believe that's what passes for "news" these days.

• gnodal says:

I didn't really think it'd be new to you ... just confirming.

Anyhow to be fair I think his sorta stories is the only way that non-news will perculate down. (Do you read Jon Udell now and again? That's where I first saw the hacks on this.)

How's it a "hack"? You type in an address, it shows you a satellite map. That's so 1998. I mean it's cool and all, but how the hell does he turn a one line press release into three pages of article?

So, uh, no, I don't read him.

• gnodal says:

2 points: 1) "hack" was me typing DNA's addy into the URL directly; he didn't make any sort of geekish claim, and 2) there's latency in stuff getting down to the roots ... I'm sure you know that very well. (I'd rather that than mere ignorance.)

Folk like you implement, folk like him talk it up ... seems a reasonable tag-team but maybe that's just me.

Sad to hear that you don't appreciate his humour.

• gnodal says:

Oh wait, did you mean Udell re: hacks?
            From his blog: what I think is the most substantial (after all, it's only a blog entry). And I think you'll agree on how creating a walking tour is a good deal more than just typing in an address!

Hacks galore!