Damned Dirty Ape!

(chimplants)
Gorilla Foundation rocked by breast display lawsuit

Two former employees of the Gorilla Foundation, home to Koko the "talking" ape, have filed a lawsuit contending that they were ordered to bond with the 33-year-old female simian by displaying their breasts.

One example: "On at least two incidents in mid-to-late June 2004, Patterson intensely pressured Keller to expose herself to Koko while they were working outside where other employees could potentially view Keller's naked body. ... On one such occasion, Patterson said, 'Koko, you see my nipples all the time. You are probably bored with my nipples. You need to see new nipples. I will turn my back so Kendra can show you her nipples.' "

The suit, in any case, says that Patterson would interpret hand movements by Koko as a demand to see exposed human nipples. She warned Alperin and Keller that their employment with the foundation would suffer, the suit says, if they "did not indulge Koko's nipple fetish."

During at least three visits, the suit says, "Patterson communicated to Alperin that exposing one's breasts to Koko is a normal component to developing a personal bond with the gorilla."

Tags: , ,

1. solarbird says:

i think this is the most disturbing picture i have ever seen you post

ew

i mean seriously

ew ew ew ew ew ew

• drjon says:

It's not an overly magnitudinal exhageration - no more than such would be of a H. sapiens's mammaries.

We idiots of a species like to think we're unique. We're not. Physically, we're pretty damned close to the other great apes. Our body hair is much finer and shorter (well, apart from some of our males), our hands and heads are a bit different. That's about it.

There's a damned fine chance you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Bush Meat and a serial killer's booty.

2. injector says:

So, what's that hand movement?

3. przxqgl says:

the ones who are bringing the lawsuit are probably "christians"... 8/

• zhixel says:

Way to totally fly out of left field with crazy assumptions, you doofus.

I suppose all enlightened people should be perfectly happy to be pressured into exposing themselves as part of their job?

"What? You're modest? FUNDAMENTALIST!!!!!!!!!!"

• spider88 says:

There are in fact a number of jobs in which exposing oneself is required. Though one would think this would have come up during the interview.

I doubt they were fired for not exposing themselves. And I also doubt they are Fundamentalists. The article says that one was an ASL teacher and the other a social worker. In other words, they probably had no concept of just how nutty a zoo, particularly one that deals with primates, can be.

Urine samples in the fridge? Big deal. I dealt with far worse things in the fridge when I worked for wildlife rescue.

4. m4dh4tt3r says:

that picture is disturbing but somehow very interesting . . .

5. drstein says:

Nobody ever exposes themselves to ME at work. Sheesh.

6. sparklewench says:

duh, apes don't wear clothes. It probably does make a difference.

7. ammonoid says:

Yeah...exposing their breasts was for the *gorillas* benefit...

8. scosol says:

I am now going to try to use the phrase "Indulge Koko's nipple fetish!" at least once per day.

9. grahams says:

Thank god for Adblock... I really don't need to see that picture every time I look at my friends page. :)