found: one rock, one lamp post.

A boulder some 25 feet high blocks both lanes of the Topanga Caynon Road, Monday, Jan. 10, 2005, as electrical contractors fix broken power and communication lines in Malibu, Calif.

A seagull rests on a light pole after heavy rain flooded Pollywog Park and the surrounding area in Manhattan Beach, Calif.
Tags:

1. brad says:

I saw that earlier and was just waiting for you to post it.

• fxl says:

I saw that earlier, linked as "God takes a shit on Malibu".

Somehow, seeing that text prior to linking made it all that much better.

2. zapevaj says:

Oh my god, that park is still there! I used to live right across the street from it. Come to think of it, it did flood all the damn time.

Another awesome photo. It looks like he's hollering at the ground.

• boldra says:

That pic reminds me of a story I heard on the radio when I was in Glasgow in 2002. During some light flooding a man walking his dog in the graveyard fell into a hole. Not a grave, but an ancient mine shaft. They didn't recover his body, so only the dog knows for sure.

A pretty nightmarish way to go though - drowning in mud in the dark with broken legs. Still, I expect you could make a good lateral thinking problem out of it.

Boldra

3. That boulder pic rocks seriously hard. It looks so surreal...

4. simmonmt says:

How does one get rid of a rock that large? Presumably you can't just push it off down the hill to the left, as amusing as that would be. Do they generally have to blast, or are there saws which can cut it into reasonable chunks?

5. fo0bar says:

In the last 2 weeks, it has snowed up to 8 feet in reno, a city that gets about 4" yearly of snowfall on average. Hell, it snowed 3" in vegas the other day.

Truly this is the end of times.

6. greatbiggary says:

That must've been at least a 6-story peach. I hope James is alright in there.