extra crunchy

Oh, You Ordered the No-Tooth Crust?

ROME (Reuters) - An Italian restaurant that sold a pizza with a human tooth baked into the crust has been fined nearly $4,000 for a lack of hygiene.

"It's insanity," cried defense lawyer Massimiliano Manzo, who represented the Florence pizzeria. "How is the owner of the pizzeria going to force employees to go to the dentist every day or strap a lid over their mouths?" he told Reuters by telephone.

The unidentified client discovered the tooth while chewing a mouthful of pizza in December 2000. He paid the bill, but refused a complimentary supper to patch things over and instead took legal action.

The owner of the tooth was never identified and Manzo refused to discuss how it got into the pizza in the first place.

The lawyer said he would appeal.

Tags: , ,

1. elysiumcore says:

Thanx!! I've been looking for that fucking tooth for over a year now!!

2. chaobell says:

Dude, all they're asking is that your employees, y'know, don't drop their fucking teeth in the dough. Is that so unreasonable?!

3. lars_larsen says:

A wildly expensive DNA test could prove who's tooth it is.

4. no_brakes23 says:

Nice to see that excessive litigation is not confined to my home state.

5. ammonoid says:

A former friend of mine used to work at Little Ceasear's pizza. Someone brought a pizza back and demanded a refund because they found a cockroach baked into the bottom of the pizza. My friend's reaction? "Who the fuck looks at the bottom of a pizza!"

• waywind says:

Who will? From now on, I will.

• fo0bar says:

Sure it was a cockroach?

Many moons ago, I worked at McDonalds. One day during breakfast shift a guy came up to the counter with his Big Breakfast platter and said there was a rat dropping in it. "I'm going to call the health department and sue you and blah blah blah!"

I looked at the styrofoam platter and sure enough, there was a small black thing on it. I looked carefully, picked it up, and popped it in my mouth.

"Sir, that was a burnt english muffin crumb."

(Yes, I realized that BEFORE I put it in my mouth.)

6. Pizza hut will be the first to come out with cheese-in-the-tooth pizzas.

7. soliss says:

Why exactly is this the top hit for googling site:livejournal.com?

*so confused*