more Crossfire

It warms the cockles of my heart to see the Washington Post publish the phrase "Congressional Medal of Douche Bag". See also the video of Stewart talking about this on The Daily Show (QuickTime.)
Scene missing! A video that used to be embedded in this post has disappeared. If you know of a copy of this video that is still accessible, please mail me so that I can update the link.
Tags: , , ,

1. 33mhz says:

Not that Fark is usually the place to go for sane, informed commentary, but I saw someone on there refer to Crossfire as "The Special Olympics of Debating".

2. insomnia says:

Hey... anyone talked to you yet about the Mozilla 1.0 release party?

Nope. Can't say I expect anyone will, either.

• insomnia says:

Oh, that's right. You're the enemy or something. You'd actually side with those who would prefer to make software and then release it. ;-)

No, I just meant, the only reason they'd contact me would be if they wanted to rent out the club, and has shown a complete unwillingness to spend money on parties for the last N years, so I don't expect them to start now.

• insomnia says:

Glad to hear that past differences aren't an issue, anymore. A little surprised that they don't have at least some budget allocated for at least one of the larger parties, given their growing interest in marketing. They're apparently going to put a full-page ad in the New York Times...

• You mean they've finally added enough bugs for a .0 release? Gee, swell.

3. jlindquist says:

"I think he's funny," said Carville. "I just think he's a pompous ass."

*laugh* Pot, kettle, black, n'est-ce pas?

4. ckn says:

the owner of the account renamed the files to filename.bak.

I have mirrored them because is slow.

5. valacosa says:

"Stewart, not to be outdone, called Carlson a part of the anatomy unique to men."

They may have published "Congressional Medal of Douche Bag", but didn't publish "dick". Am I the only one bothered by prudish newspapers? Why is it that people have this idea that intelligent discourse and foul language are mutually exclusive?

• edge_walker says:

Maybe it's because of something along the lines of the “seven words” thing? Frankly, to me that sounds like someone really wanted to mention what Stewart said, even if they weren't allowed to do so outright.

But I've never even been to the ’States, so I can't really know.