every time you make art, god kills a kitten

Now this is fucked up, right here.

Nathalia Edenmont:

"There is nothing illegal in Nathalia's art. She has killed the animals in as humane a way as possible."

1. neevita says:

Man, this is like the 5th time this week someone I know/read has commented on this chick..

There should be a standard depository for internet rounders so people don't see the same stuff over and over again :P

For the opinion record: Most of her shit is ugly, and I wouldn't care if she used roadkill or otherwise already dead things rather than offing them herself.

I call it the "Crap Backbone." (But sometimes we all have leaf-node days.)

Wanna place bets on whether you see it again on Boing Boing tomorrow?

• quercus says:

Tell me about it....

I'm working on my smart RSS aggregator again (some dusty code from 2001). It works beautifully when there's good metadata, but it's a real pain to try and filter out JWZ making an indirect reference to dead-bunny-art, compared to BoingBoing flogging the same dead bunny.

• marmoset says:

says <lj user="acrolove">:

There should be a standard depository for internet rounders so people don’t see the same stuff over and over again :P

There is.

2. loosechanj says:

Are we sure this is legit, as opposed to Bonsai kitten?

3. neevita says:

I just realized she named the little rat-angel "George W".

How interesting.

• baconmonkey says:

Art imitates life.
      forgive the fuzziness of the details, I've not hear the story in years.
      a friend of mine used to work someplace that did something with mice. I don't recall if it was a lab, a lab supply company, or what. anyways, at some point, he gets his hands on a bunch of dead mice, and makes finger puppets from them, and procedes to spook his coworkers by hiding below the cubicle wall, and putting on a puppet show in the window.

• BEN! ben just told me this story. and i think he was the one on the other side of the glass door, watching the mice frolic on his coworker's fingers....will get him to tell it again. and again. and again.

and also the mailing poop story.

• violentbloom says:

that sounds like something I would do...
        except I don't have dead mice at work and one of my co-workers is the very very strict vegan that thinks killing any animal is wrong. I've been poking, cautiously, the well how do you know plants don't have feelings or bacteria?
        But mostly he makes things go and I like him so I wouldn't actually make mice puppets to freak him out with.
        also if we did have dead mice at work they might have weird diseases that I wouldn't really want to sick my fingers in.

• ultranurd says:

...now I know what picture I'd use if I wanted to arbitrarily piss off the Animal Rights Coalition at my school.

4. zonereyrie says:

Man, that's some fucked up shit right there...

5. giles says:

Heart's filthy lesson.

P.S. the guinea pig in my icon is alive and well

6. detritus says:

It looks like Joel Peter Witkin's stuff, except his photos are good.

7. "Look, I've been practicing: I made a pigeon-rat."

8. bitwise says:

I'm heading to the Minnesota Association of Rogue Taxidermists show in Minneapolis in a little while.

9. irma_vep says:

I think this woman needs her head examined. She has some serious mental problem.