Sin City trailer

23 MB QuickTime. This will certainly be interesting... though from this trailer, it could easily be a complete disaster. Stills.
Scene missing! A video that used to be embedded in this post has disappeared. If you know of a copy of this video that is still accessible, please mail me so that I can update the link.
Tags: , , ,

1. archiedavis says:

who is playing marv?

2. Powerhouse cast yo. Bruce Willis.... heheh.

3. patrick says:

Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez directing together?
    If they fuck it up, then there is no way anyone could make it good.

Stylisticly, it should be brilliant to watch.

4. shadowolf says:

Do you happen to know where they got this footage from, by any chance?

5. xkot says:

I haven't been able to load the trailer yet, but the stills look amazing. Except for the yellow guy, anyway. I am really looking forward to this.

6. neph says:

Shit. It doesn't seem to be there anymore. Did anybody mirror it?

• guyver3 says:

I just pulled it down from the posted link.
      I suppose I could toss it somewhere if it isn't working.
      The cast looks great.
      Clive Owen needs more work, and not silly Arthur movies.
      Maybe some more video games or BMWfilms.

7. tongodeon says:

The tests I've seen of the all-CG Sin City production looked a lot better. Too bad this is the one that got greenlit.

8. pygmalion says:

I say, I say, I say God Damn! Directed by Rodriguez no less. It looks like a comic cheese mongers dream. I know I am smiling.

9. substitute says:

It could be almost The Blade Runner good, or it could be Strange Days bad. More likely the second, sadly.

On the other hand, babes!

I loved Strange Days -- I think it's the best Gibson pastiche ever made. Kathryn Bigelow rules.

This Sin City, though, it's kinda reminding me of Dr. Caligari... which was entertaining... but oh so wrong.

• substitute says:

Wow, thanks! That is so going on my rental list.

• badger says:

I'm hoping Sin City isn't a trainwreck of a film. I'll see it regardless, though. As for Strange Days, it's one of the best "hightech/lowlife" Gibsonesque films I can think of. I make a point of playing the DVD every year for new year's, sometime during the day.

10. fantasygoat says:

Watching the trailer, I am overcome with two thoughts - one, it's visually amazing, and two, it plays terrible. The flow is bad, the pacing poor, the editing painful. It has the reek of a low-budget film done by a film student or a Canadian.

I really, really hope this thing gets some serious work in the editing room to tighten it up.

• rpkrajewski says:

I'm afraid you're right. Maybe Miller is just way too protective of the style of the comic to make it a better movie...

• chronovore says:

The only bits that bothered me were the jump-cut to actual frames of Sin City panel art. It's like shouting "HEY THIS CAME FROM A COMIC BOOK!(!!)" at the audience every couple of minutes. Other than that I have no trouble taking it in the tone intended.

11. This isn't a trailer that was meant to be shown around on the internet, it was leaked. The editing is rough because it's an unfinished ComicCon promo for serious geeks only, the backgrounds aren't in place in most of the shots, there's no music or FX in most shots...

Taking this as being indicative of anything but what the raw footage looks like is kind of silly. I doubt there's going to be any comic-book panels in the final film; they're here to show the fans at ComicCon that Rodriguez is using the panels as his starting point for the direction.

There's a reason they site that had this pulled it; the studio doesn't want this floating around because it's -not- going to be indicative of the final quality of the film.

12. zztzed says:

I am being entirely serious here when I say that when I first saw the picture, without having read the subject or anything, I thought it was something along the lines of "Tetris: The Movie".

13. pygmalion says:

What is up with the trailer? It appears to have been removed from every link I can find.

14. kow16 says:

It was a really really good movie. But totally gory. Its worth seeing though! The graphics are really good. I liked it!