mark your calendars

If you were me, you would be giving strong consideration to attending the following shows. Arrows indicate "highly recommended."

Tags: , , ,

1. UHH! UHHH! i had most of those clocked, but ISW! again! yay!

going on the calendar RIGHT NOW.

2. ckn says:

dude, I havent hung out with Gen or Lady J since Disinfo.con (long story there), that would be the most awesomest birthday present evar!

For those of you who have not yet been to a Psychic TV show, or seen Genesis perform, you are in for a treat that will leave your mind, gender identity, philosophical beliefs, political ideals, and religious leanings in shreds Most of all it'll be a good time.

thanks for the heads up on this jwz. see ya there.

3. cessibaby says:

i need some recommendations, any idea where a good place to go in the bay area for dancehall/raga/soca type music is?

4. lars_larsen says:

Psychic TV should be highly recommended too. If only for the man breasts.

5. el_olvidado says:

no mention of brighter death now??? it's a west coast exclusive and might be the only time it happens here.

I'll be there, since it's at DNA, but I've never heard of them.

• el_olvidado says:

i need to have merrick catch you up on cold meat industry artists.
        its essential death industrial/dark ambient...
        you might hate on the show since i expect dat with minimal live instrumentation but that doesn't take away from the artistry and relevance of who they are and what they've done over the last decade.

• g_na says:

Wow, Brighter Death Now is coming to town? I didn't know Cold Meat bands toured. (In Slaughter Natives is actually my fave CMI band, very dark and spooky.)

Speaky of "spoooooky", we're not going to have to put up with gawth shite on Halloween, are we?

6. injector says:

Upon your previous recommendation I bought the Dresden Dolls CD. I can't thank you enough for that one. Considering that I don't like what gets played on the radio around here, it is hard for me to find new music. Since our tastes run similar, I figured it was worth the shot based upon your description. I have been enjoying both CDs (I bought the live one too) for about 2 weeks now.

It looks like they'll be playing in D.C. on Oct. 27th. I will try very hard to be there.

7. bryan_e says:

hot damn, I still have my old Ketchup and Mustard Man tapes from way back. Didn't realize he had some new material, hope he makes it up to Seattle.

8. jesus_x says:

You're in the general area that they inhabit. I've heard soem stuff of the LA-based band Powder. I'm curious as to the jwz and jwz-groupie opinion on them. :)

9. neraka says:

i was insanely excited when i saw on breyer p-orridge's site that ptv is playing at dna lounge. cheers. wish i could make it out. enjoy the show. i hope to see a dna lounge update.

wish i could make it to see laurie anderson as well. damn the timing of it all.

10. baconmonkey says:

I will get older at Midnight at the Dresden Dolls show.

11. fantasygoat says:

How unfair is this - you get the Dresden Dolls twice and they refuse to come to Canada at all.

12. kumimonster says:

i havent heard mention of the billy nayer show in years!
    ok. well it's been a few years since i lived in the same building as cory.

thanks for the reminder!

13. otterley says:

You forgot Franz Ferdinand on 22 Sep at the Concourse.

For me to have forgotten to list them, I would first have to have forgotten that they suck (at least from the tripe I've seen on MTV.)

14. ammonoid says:

Yay! Halloween is on Halloween.