double-you tee eff.

Robert Cary Williams' Spring 2004 ready to wear:

I would have expected that one couldn't go wrong with chicks wearing tv parts. I was mistaken.

Tags: ,

1. zonereyrie says:

20 Minutes into Bad Taste

2. simmonmt says:

Someone remind me why runway models are only allowed to look bored or pissed off?

3. azul_ros says:

That's like Mad Max meets the junkyard! Barf! Actually the outfits would be almost okay without all the junk!

The junk would be almost ok without the outfits.

• alisgray says:

the shoes are pretty cute. it's always amazing to me when even very pretty girls are made to look bad with fashion.

the "distressed" and asymmetric thing would be fine if they weren't trying to make the actual girls look asymmetric and weathered, instead of just the clothing.

4. abates says:

The outfit on the left looks familiar but I can't quite place it. I don't remember ever sticking a sheepskin rug through a shredder...

• simmonmt says:

For some reason, I was thinking something out of Mad Max. Didn't Auntie (Tina Turner) wear something like the one on the left? Or maybe one of her minions...

• pvck says:

I think you're thinking of Toecutter. He had a big fur... thing, on one shoulder only, I believe. Additionally, I have started a private betting pool on who will correct me if I'm wrong on this.

5. angledge says:

Resistance was futile.

6. draffin555 says:

I thought this was the fashion version of the South American bomb/ransom craze.

"Now, out on the runway... look pouty... relay my demands to the public... that they buy strange fetish fashions... or I blow the whole place sky-high!"

7. jabber says:

Now Paris Hilton can advertize!

8. marklyon says:

I, for one, am waiting for the day that Tron-inspired spandex with electro luminescent accents will rule the runways of Paris, Milan, and New York.

9. jotunheim says:

I would expect a DNA Lounge Fashion Show to look like that.

10. autodidactic says:

Everyone in the future will dress like a muppet and aCommodore 64 both exploded all over them.

I'm okay with that. Just as long as I get to be naked, sometimes.

A.

11. nosrialleon says:

I have never understood the whole idea of this kind of neuveau fasion show. Do people actually buy and wear this bullshit, or is it just the fashion world's equivalent of an Yngwie Malmsteen record?

12. naturalborn says:

Runway fashion model or street hobo?

Professional clothing designer or 5 year old with a sewing machine?

13. nematoddity says:

B'lieve I posted the photo on the left some months back...It is a strange thing, strapping that collection of hoses and component parts to women who really don't need the extra weight, as they'll break in half.

The entire show was like that, if you haven't seen the whole thing. Surreal. And goofy.

14. grendelkhan says:

Out of curiousity, did "fashion" ever involve clothing in a stricter definition than "things preventing nudity"? What exactly does "fashion" have to do with the fact that I throw on a t-shirt and jeans every morning? (Well, unless it's a pantsless day. Then all bets are off.)

Who BUYS this stuff? Who supports these asshats, who undoubtedly make more in a week than I will in ten years?

15. kiad says:

Thought you'd be interested-

Monday, July 5, 2004 at 12:57 JST
    BERLIN - A new version of the Zeppelin airship left Germany for Japan on Sunday with a plan to follow much the same course aross Siberia as that taken by Graf Zeppelin during its around-the-world flight in 1929.

The 75-meter-long airship took to the air from Friedrichshafen, southwestern Germany, and will pass over Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Russia before entering Japanese airspace in early August, said its Japanese owner, Nippon Airship Corp. (Kyodo News)

(via <lj comm="japantodaynat">