Rasputin part, 2: "allowing for shrinkage caused by pickling"

More detail on the kooktacular museum where the previously-gawked-at monk cock lives on:

Measuring 28.5 centimeters (about 11 inches) -- allowing for shrinkage caused by pickling -- Rasputin's penis displayed in a tall glass bottle is, to put it delicately, a big attraction at the museum.

Igor Knyazkin, 37, a urologist and sexologist, set up the museum in the clinic he runs, partly with the aim of helping his patients overcome impotence. The atmosphere of the museum makes patients "more optimistic and relaxed," he said. "Men who come here are ill at ease because of their problems, and our light and happy atmosphere reassures them."

Only part of Knyazkin's collection of 12,000 erotic objects is displayed in the clinic, which is staffed by buxom nurses wearing short white blouses and high heels. "I keep the valuable stuff at home," he said.

Impotent Russians find giant pickled cocks and buxom nurses "reassuring!"
Tags: ,

1. loosechanj says:

You know, every time I see this referred to, I have to wonder who the fuck stopped in the middle of murdering him and went "Hmm, you know, before we throw this guy in the river we should chop off his dick for posterity".

This says: "A generous dose of poison failed to produce any visible effect, and the terrified conspirators riddled him with bullets and threw his body into the frozen Neva River. Later buried, Rasputin's corpse was exhumed and burned by the mob during the February Revolution of 1917."

So I suppose the cock-lopping could have happened any time before the fire. But wouldn't it have been fish-food in pretty short order? Maybe the fish were frozen.

• loosechanj says:

If I had to bet on it, I'd say whoever found the body in the river might have been impressed enough to grab the enormo-cock as an oddity. Perhaps the embalmers or grave diggers? Whoever it was, they were one sick bastard.

• zotz says:

Are we assuming this is genuine? It doesn't actually sound all that likely. Is there anything reliable concerning the specimen's origins?

• quercus says:

Maybe you could ask in Petersburg?

"Is there anyone here, possessed of an elephantine monster-cock, who seems to be missing it ?"

No, well I guess it's Rasputin's then. There can't have been that many likely candidates for its ownership.

• zotz says:

The owners don't seem to be saying where it came from. It was probably a pathology specimen that got relabelled.

• omnifarious says:

I remember, but don't have the link to back it up, that the story was either that the conspirators fished him out of the river, or that he'd managed to crawl out on his own before expiring. I think the conspirators followed up on it because they were understandably worried that he wasn't dead.

• pygmalion says:

Thats exactly what was on my mind. I think it goes to show that maybe it wasn't politics that lead to his murder. Just mass penis envy.

2. tfofurn says:

That woman looks remarkably like two of my co-workers. I wonder how long it would take for me to get fired if I showed either of them that picture and asked if they saw the resemblance.

3. rzr_grl says:

I don't find that elephant trunk reassuring in the least!
    But maybe I'm just a prude that way.

4. 33mhz says:

Every time I see that hideous thing, I'm reminded of that old HR Giger poster. It's amazing just how spot-on the poster's depiction is compared to the real thing.

That guy sure knows his 90 year old zombie cocks.

5. detritus says:

Dunno why they called him the 'mad monk'.. if I had an 11' schlong, i'd probably be pretty happy.

6. rin3y says:

Reading this article, all I can think of is the fact that "Pickling Shrinkage" would be a great name for a rock band.

7. stenz says:

Is the measurement taken whilst in the vat, or outside of it.

Just considering the optics here.

8. cmdrmoocow says:

Wait - now lemme get this straight....

Girl (non-ugly) goes to college to be a Sexologist.

Just a guess, but I think many students across the country can vie for a similar degree.

Plus, she must've either had a very hard time in college (due to harassment) or a very good time (due to ____ ).