Constantine trailer   WMV
Scene missing! A video that used to be embedded in this post has disappeared. If you know of a copy of this video that is still accessible, please mail me so that I can update the link.
Tags: , ,

1. jotunheim says:

I suspect Jamie works for WB. :-)

2. chaoskitty says:

isn't it just makes me shudder

It does fill my heart with a powerful fear, but I have it from an Inside Source that it Might Not Suck...

• khephra says:

Inside sources are usually full of shit, but lets hope it doesn't suck. Hellblazer is one of my favorite comix.

• lilmissnever says:

Well, at least they're ripping off one of the best Hellblazer TP's. Dangerous Habits and Fear and Loathing were always my favorites, but I think that once you've moved the action from the UK to Atlanta and made John Constantine American, any resemblance between this movie and the actual comic book is purely coincidental.

It will suck. I will see it for the same reason that I slow down to see an auto accident.

• It Might Not Suck, but it'll be "Hellblazer, but not as we know it", which is a shame because it pretty much rules out the chance of a more faithful film adaptation.

3. wntd says:

With the acting "talents" of Keanu Reeves and Shia LaBeouf.

4. Dear Warner Brothers,
    We've had some good times, but I think its time we stopped seeing each other. I just don't think I can handle any more of your shit.

5. violentbloom says:

I think it's time to unload my hellblazer comics, I have a not quite complete set from 1988-2000ish
    any takers?

keenu is just the nail in the coffin for me
    well and my apt is small

• pvck says:

Serious? How much you want for them? puck at, let's not do this on someone else's lj ;>

6. reddragdiva says:

Please, dear Lord, send this thing straight to video.

7. korto_lilith says:

Oh, come on people! What's wrong with you? Don't address it as a bad movie! View it as of equal quality to the current Mike Carrey run on Hellblazer!

• jck says:

Hrm... I've never read Hellblazer (yes, yes, blasphemy, but I'm just getting back into comics :-P) but I'm really enjoying Carey's work on Lucifer.

What's Carey done with Hellblazer that's earned him a Keanu comparison?

• korto_lilith says:

I think my objections to Carrey's work started when I first read Lucifer. I'm sorry! (:))

Hellblazer was a really threatening comic book series. John C is part a great mage and part the most sinister con-man ever born. No one ever sees how exactly he does his tricks in the pages of the comic, and that's probably the reason behind his popularity.
        Carrey did to Hellblazer the same thing he did with Sandman's Lucifer. He picked up the character's attitudes and most loveable features, but failed to convey in his writings the essence.
        Much of the mystery is lost. Everything is exposed, magic, motives... It's fun in a Hollywood sense. Before Carrey I had never seen JC chanting in mysterious symbols. Now the book is full of demons and monsters and such. I will try to make a cheesy comparison: it's like the Van Helsing take on the old Universal pictures.

Regarding Lucider, now, it IS fun. But it's not Lucifer. Try thinking the difference between Goldfinger and Die another Day. (My God! NOW my soul is going to rot in Hell!!!)

8. belgand says:

Sadly this doesn't look as bad as it could have been. If it was going to suck it should at least suck at a Catwoman or Punisher level. Something so amazingly bad that it obviously can't be blamed on the original property, but simply a bad film. The problem is that this looks merely mediocre.

It's certainly not Hellblazer by any stretch, but it looks like an average, middle of the road "thriller". Nothing great, but nothing terrible.

9. kiad says:

This looks rather exciting!

Demons and angels, oh my!