dnalounge update

DNA Lounge update, wherein you feast on braaaaaains!
Tags: ,

1. technotronic says:

Some of those zombie photos are *really* good. Who was taking them and what were they using? My favorite is 048. The rockabilly zombie!

• rzr_grl says:

That was me, thanks!

I'm not sure what you're asking when you ask what I was using, so I'll tell you all of it.

Two Multiblitz monolight strobes, one direct, one gelled into an umbrella. Set up my 550EX as a backlight propped in some cables above coatcheck, this was at manual +1 and also gelled. Was shooting with Canon 10D (love that camera!), 28-80mm f/4.0.

• ronbar says:

342: I worship at the altar of gams.
        69 and 71: I have a soft spot in my heart for mad scientists, especially ones who can obtain fluorescent bottles and dyes and can strike a badass pose. Dr. Clayton Forrester would be proud.

• ronbar says:

He looks more like a vampire, with the fangs. Maybe he's a zombie vampire? Except vampires are immortal and don't die, so they can't die and then become undead.

If he had a stake through his heart, it would clear the issue right up. He'd be undead undead.

• Hi, that was me!

The concept was "Vampire Elvis" (hence the Shure 55 microphone prop, a classic mic that Elvis used quite a lot in the 50's (driving up eBay prices today, dammit)). Of course, I didn't feel like shaving the facial hair off, so it was a bit of a stretch. I guess I was just too lazy for the full on zombie makeup job :) (and I like the fangs).

It was also suggested that I looked a lot like the Paul Reubens character from Buffy The Vampire Slayer, so I had a lot of fun acting out his death scene. Next time I'll come with a wooden stake for that!

2. codenazi says:

After spending 3 hours putting nails on my head for my pinhead costume, I still didn't get my picture onto the DNA Lounge archive!

Hmmm... maybe I should have noticed the picture studio on the 2nd floor... *goes and bangs head against wall*

I guess I'll just have to do it next time. Now if I could just figure out a good way to spirit gum the nails to my face, too...

3. vincel says:

Talk about déjà vu. The one & only time I saw The Pixies live, it was at the old Gloucester Leisure Centre. Great show, but absolutely fucking appalling acoustics.

4. luminalflux says:

Neubauten did that too when they were here, although they just set up a pair of mic's at the FoH mixer and left it at that.

5. asan102 says:

That drink looks deliciously disgusting.

6. lherrera says:

But enough about bloodsucking parasites, let's talk about the music industry.

Heh, heh, heh, that phrase cracked me out.