I, for one, welcome our new quad-kidney transhuman Bosnian hard-drinking overlords.

Extra kidneys give hard-drinking brothers the edge:
Two Bosnian brothers who say they can drink as much as they want without feeling drunk have been told they each have a spare set of fully functioning kidneys.

Josip Galic, 69, from Kucetine in Bosnia said: "I had a car accident and doctors discovered I had four kidneys. That surprised me, but at least it explained why I could drink all my friends under the table, and never had a hangover."

He added it was a further surprise when his brother found out after a visit to the doctor that he had four kidneys as well.

Tags:

1. loosechanj says:

An industry dedicated to transplanting extra kidneys into perfectly normal people so they can drink more.

2. You run a night club that sells alcohol. You're not actually kidding when you say you'd welcome them.

3. jkonrath says:

It's called a duplex renal system. It's rare, but it's even more rare that all four ureters connect properly without complication. There are usually some blockages or dead ends that need to be surgically modified to prevent problems.

They can also do this during a transplant, and hang the new kidneys (in series, I guess) without removing the old ones. Sometimes they will put two good kidneys on one side with an original one, and leave the other side stock so they can go in later and add another if they need to.

http://xray2000.members.easyspace.com/ibase3/renal/Renal_unilateral_duplex_ureter_ivu.jpg shows an xray - you can very clearly see the two ureters (the white things) on the left side.

• giles says:

This sounds like a great idea. I want to get the left ones chromed, maybe do the other two candy apple red, then bore out the ureters so I can get more torque going into the urinal.

4. <lj user="muchandr"> has a friend with three kidneys; he says that all of his male ancestors had them.

5. stenz says:

I would have expected the liver to matter more in terms of feeling the effects of alcohol.

As for having multiple kidneys, it seems that is just easy money right there - could donate two kidneys for big $$$ and still be "normal".

6. kyronfive says:

Drink all you want and not get drunk? WTF is the purpose of that? Dude, those fuckers were SHAFTED. If i were them i'd be donating my extra kidneys to some chicks on dialysis. STAT.

7. PUTTING MY ORDER IN NOW, THX

8. suppafly says:

i cant want for them to work the bugs out of cloning so i can get some extra organs.