and now the news

Exhibit A:

An unidentified member of Parliament Funkadelic shows off his outfit backstage at the 46th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles February 8, 2004. The group performed on the Grammy telecast. REUTERS/Mike Blake
Exhibit B:

A duckling looks around before being killed by Chinese health workers at a farm in Tianjin after the northern port city reported a suspected bird flu case February 10, 2004. Local authorities have killed about 200,000 poultry in Tianjin. (China Photo via Reuters)
Tags: ,

1. azul_ros says:

My Gawds!! Those are both disturbing in their own bizarre ways!!!

2. scosol says:

hmm that one "blue technician" seems to be shooting up...

3. baconmonkey says:

Dear P-funk, yellow duckling, and chinese scientists, Please stop exporing your respective sexualities.

also

The US Mars rover Spirit drilled a tiny, circular hole in a rock, a first in the history of exploring the planet, the US space agency NASA

Cattle with foot-and-mouth disease are buried trying to avoid the spread of a foot-and-mouth outbreak. Around 1,200 buffalos, cows and pigs have been infected with foot and mouth disease in Vietnam's central province of Quang Nam, state media said.(
  4. belgand says:

Whoa p-funk played at the Grammys? I didn't know there was going to be actual music there! I mean, I read the nominees and assuming it wasn't rap/hip-hop or a "new" band hot off their third album I was shit out of luck.

Then again, has p-funk wearing diapers been a new thing? I don't think I've ever seen one of their shows where someone wasn't in one.

5. xenogram says:

It seems to be my day for dead poultry.

6. mykwud says:

i don't get it. I just don't get it.

In fact, I've already seen & gotten your more-clear followup post to this, but since I haven't checked my friendslist in days, felt it entirely necessary to troll back and not-get this one.