we are momentarily safe from the dreaded monkey/robot coalition

Primate ignores swooning robot:

Researchers at Waseda University had hoped the two would mingle, proving that robots bear mammal-like qualities. But the 10-year-old-male monkey, named Choromatsu, paid little attention Saturday to the swooning robot, whose flashy metallic eyelashes and bulging synthetic eyeballs failed to charm. Choromatsu sat with a scowl through most of the session, often staring at the ceiling or looking at researchers and photographers gathered in the room.
Tags: , ,

1. ex_sjc says:

That's right! SUCK IT, MACHINES!!!

2. xvs says:

heh, bravo! :)

3. skoo says:

I declare international Robot & Monkey day!

• i am smirking at YOU, clown-boi, because you missed the giant cymbal-crashing MONKEY saturday night (no pics yet).

sorry.

also, sara won't stop playing that SPACE MONKEY song and it's juuuuuuuuust about time to eviscerate her.

wait, i need a robot in here to get the full effect of today's experience....

• baconmonkey says:

I wanted to see the giant cymbal crashing monkey really really bad, but I couldn't because as you may have read in the BlueGnome's journal: "Gnome down, I repeat we have a Gnome down." So I covered the shift.

4. waywind says:

Wait a minute. What're they implying?

How did they expect him to "mingle" with this "swooning" female robot!?

Ew!

• baconmonkey says:

I think Mr. Monkey's expression of "you want me to do WHAT with that?" says it all.

• selectronica says:

"Choromatsu sat with a scowl through most of the session, often staring at the ceiling or looking at researchers and photographers gathered in the room."

I can only assume thinking something along the lines of, "And you people think you're more intelligent than animals?"

Time and time again it is proven that animals are much smarter than humans.