never, ever do this.

An X-ray showing a fork lodged sideways in the stomach of a 32-year-old woman who accidently swallowed it while using it to scoop a cockroach out of her throat is seen at the Poria hospital in the northern Israeli town of Tiberias Thursday July 10, 2003. The fork was removed with laparoscopic surgery, a minimally invasive procedure performed through a tiny incision in a patient's abdomen. (AP Photo/ Effi Sharir)

Tags:

13 Responses:

  1. jiritsu says:

    she swallowed the spider to catch the fly,
    but i don't know why
    she swallowed that fly...

  2. marm0t says:

    I'm sure there's a joke to be made here somewhere, and as soon as I'm finished shaking off the imagery of those few sentences above I may regain the presence of mind to make it.

    Or not.

  3. phreddiva says:

    But the question on everyone's mind is...
    DID SHE GET THE COCKROACH OUT???

    • waywind says:

      Man, accidentally swallowing a roach AND a fork... as if one or the other wasn't bad enough. I feel terrible for her.

  4. anonymous says:

    Nah. It's the black thing near the end of the fork :)

  5. morrisa says:

    Terribly dangerous stunt to pull. She should just have accepted swallowing the roach, perhaps eaten a bit of bread and drunk a little water to make it go down more easily. Stomach acid is more than sufficient for annhialating a mere bit of walking protein.

  6. aml says:

    remember kids:
    when there's a cockroach crawling down your throat, use a spoon.

  7. emesisgirl says:

    i almost swallowed a toothbrush once...

  8. scjody says:

    Or this?

    Nice userpic! Hands are so fragile.