dnalounge update

DNA Lounge update, including some new photo galleries and some more pointless whining about vandalism.

1. mrmustard says:

You know, I've looked at so many DNA Lounge photos now that I feel like I've been there. I was thinking I should send you the admission price, but maybe I'll just buy some merchandise instead.

2. ciphergoth says:

I think you could justify taking the mirror down, even if you don't replace it, just in case having it there encourages other vandals...

3. hochi666 says:

It seems a lot of people absent mindedly forget that there ARE public places owned by private individuals. Rarely do people who act in much a manner think that they're destroying property owned by someone. They seem to think that if it's in public place they can abuse the property any way they see fit. Some just don't think and some don't care.

• hepkitten says:

or they forget that property can be owned by normal people trying to make it, not just large corporations, so they think they are getting back at The Man, instead of just fucking with some random guy.

Jamie: Can't you just put a sticker or something over it?

4. defenestr8r says:

Cafe Flore (a.k.a. Cafe Haircut) has no mirror in their bathroom. It seems to shorten the wait time to use it considerably. No mirror=no primping.

5. violetiae says:

The mirror is glued to the wall, right? You can't take it off, cut off the part with the graffiti, and put it back up?

If no, then I suggest getting a few bathroom tiles - either decorative or plain, whichever - and just glue the tiles along whichever edge of the mirror that has the graffiti. It will look like an intentional decorative element and tiles can be gotten relatively cheap. (If the graffiti is in a corner, stick a tile in each of the four corners. The point is to make the tile look like it's an on-purpose thing while completely covering the graffiti.)

And if people do it again, and again, and again, keep tiling until the entire mirror's covered up. Oh well, too bad for them. Then you can scotchtape a piece of tinfoil (shiny side out) to the wall and not have to deal with the headache any more.

6. a_0001 says:

You already have the prison toilets.

Have you considered stainless-steel prison mirrors? (Look at items 1810 and 1817.)