So last night on 24
, when Robert Glazer
("Operations" from La Femme Nikita
) showed up as the latest pseudo-governmental conspirator, it finally clicked for me that "CTU" and "Section One" are the same damned thing. We've got:
- The Undisclosed Location, with its faux-industrial 80s music video decor;
- "George from Oversight" versus "Chapelle from Central", the vague parent organization trying to take over and/or looking for a scapegoat;
- The l33t hax0rs on staff, spending all day sitting at their Max Headroom terminals intercepting phone calls and speaking nonsense tech-babble about cryptography;
- The vaguely sinister and self-serving boss has a glass office that looks down on the minions;
- And terrorists, terrorists, terrorists, always from Undisclosed Countries.
Then while writing this I find out that Robert Cochran wrote both shows. Doh! No wonder!
DNA Lounge update
, wherein the Plumber Conspiracy is revealed.
Last week, the Madonna Corporation flooded the Kazaa with MP3 files purporting to be tracks from her new album that consisted only of her saying "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" (There was immediately an uninspired gag techno remix of that, which I didn't save the link to: it wasn't very good.)
Yesterday, madonna.com was hacked to say "This is what the fuck I think I'm doing", along with downloadable MP3s of the real versions of the songs in question! Screenshot.