- It's not about terrorism, because there's no evidence that Iraq has any connection to the Taliban;
- It's not about oil, because the US doesn't actually get much oil from Iraq;
- It's not about nucular weapons, because Iraq doesn't have any and isn't likely to soon, and besides, North Korea;
- It's not about Democracy and Freedom, because the US simply does not go to war over that (you stupid hippie);
- It's not about some personal Bush family grudge, because the shrub isn't actually as stupid as his media handlers make him look;
- It's not about distracting from domestic economic failures, because wars are way too expensive and only make that shit worse anyway.
So, ok, why then?