"Monowheels and other vehicles with insufficient wheels."

MPEG Video!

More at Kerry McLean's Monocycles.

Scene missing! A video that used to be embedded in this post has disappeared. If you know of a copy of this video that is still accessible, please mail me so that I can update the link.
Tags: , ,

1. knowbuddy says:

I saw a special on the Discovery Channel on this guy. He basically keeps almost killing himself as he tweaks the design for his monocycle. His wife and family look on in horror as he guns the thing up to 60mph to show off for the cameras. He inevitably wrecks and they cut to the hospital bed with him clinging to life, then recovering to go back and do it again.

2. teehmar says:

He also was the judge on the Monowheels episode of Junkyard Wars/Scrapheap Challenge. Quite an entertaining episode. I googled, and found the story (with pictures) as told by one of the technical consultants.

3. zhixel says:

I'm going to be really disappointed if one of these doesn't show up in the next mad max movie.

4. msjen says:

Didn't I see this on South Park? (You know, "It" -- the thing Mr. Garrison invented that you have to drive by fellating the gearshift. "It's better than flying.")

I hope you know what I'm talking about otherwise this sounds loony!

5. devpreed says:

Why does this remind me of Mr. Garrison's IT?

Maybe it's that contented smirk on the guy's face...

6. ivorjawa says:

What was that horrible cartoon that was on years ago with something like this?
    Spiral Zone or something?

7. vzaliva says:

I the the problem with this thing: how does it suppose to brake?!
    In the movie the guy is trying to stop it dragging his boots on
    asphalt and is heading right towards curb. I am pretty sure he crashed
    into it few seconds after end of the clip.

I guess I will stick to my regular motorcycle for now.

8. atakra says:

I so saw that same exact vehicle sitting outside The Eagle last Sunday!