with great power comes great getting down

I'm sure you've seen this one by now:

But this one is new:

Tags: , ,

1. nothings says:

Could I impose upon you to get rid of the extra <table></table> that's dangling in-between the </tr> and the </table>? It's screwing up my old & stupid browser.

Hmm? I see no extra table...

• nothings says:

Er, you don't see it in the source?

It says: (I'm going to HTMLize this the lame way this time)

{table}
        ...
        {tr}
        {td align="right" valign="middle"}
        But this one is new:
        {/td}
        {td align="center" valign="middle" bgcolor="white"}
        {img height="124" src="http://www.xeni.net/images/boingboing/spiderwood2.gif" width="241"}
        {/td}
        {/tr}
        {table}
        {/table}
        {/table}

Ugh, stupid LiveJournal HTML cleaner! It wasn't showing me that extra table thing when I did "edit entry". I had closed the table with <table> instead of </table>, and LJ threw in that extra stuff.

• nothings says:

Aha, makes sense. Thanks for fixing.

I guess it would be nice if the stuff added by the cleaner propogated back out to what you edit, but I suppose there are drawbacks I'm not anticipating to going that route.

2. psymbiotic says:

That's disturbing and funny at the same time!

Egan >:>

3. The feelings this evokes from me must be akin to those evoked by Utah & Orange County residents upon seeing either the Dr. Laura or Patti Davis (Reagan) nudie shots.

4. rzr_grl says:

1) Spidey's been practicing.
    2) I really want to learn this new dance. I will perform it in public - preferably in gawth clubs - and see who's enough of a meme geek to recognize it
    3) "Order of Death" from Virus 23 is playing now... and it's syncing perfectly. Very Very Wrong.

• ciphergoth says:

Of course this does mean a high probability of someone getting KICKED IN THE HEAD!

• wasteddream says:

Sometimes on late night t.v. there are commercials for a video that you can order, made by the guy who does the coreography for n'sync, or some crap. "Learn to dance just like your favorite boy band!" I wanted to order said video and work out a routine in the white boy hip-hop style to some overplayed goth song with my housemates, and then just bust out with it at Death Guild one night. Bonus points would be awarded if we could all manage to keep a straight face while doing so.

Since that never happened, i volunteer to help you learn/perform this dance of mighty superheroes. But only if i get to be the robot.

• loic says:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one to have that idea (with the N'Sync guy's video). My roommates looked at me funny when I got all excited about the idea.

5. ghregonearth says:

Hey! Is that Winona Ryder in there?

...hmm...

.....great power, indeed.

6. well damn, now i am way WAY more GAY. thanks a lot.