this image is gonna stick with me for sure

Man pulls out girlfriend's 18 teeth with pliers

WOULD you describe your girlfriend, covered in blood, as being dressed in a clown's costume? Maybe if you are on drugs.

That is probably what happened to UK couple Jason Morris, 29, and Samantha Court, 28.

After taking designer drug GHB, Morris pulled out 18 of Miss Court's teeth with a pair of pliers.

GHB, originally used as an anaesthetic, can cause hallucinations if taken in excess, reported Ananova.

Morris denies inflicting grievous bodily harm on his girlfriend.

A court heard how Miss Court was found in bed, covered in blood, in the early hours of April 16 this year.

Morris was talking about his girlfriend's body being dressed in a clown's costume and a witch taking Miss Court away through a wall.

Prosecution lawyer Paul Treble said: 'Paramedics had already been called to the couple's home and Morris had been heard saying that his girlfriend's teeth were not her own.'

The couple calmed down and the ambulance crew left.

But later a neighbour heard Morris say several times 'open your mouth' followed by what appeared to be Miss Court mumbling.

Mr Treble alleged that it was Morris pulling out Miss Court's teeth and placing them in a bowl.

Tags: , ,

1. confuseme says:

GHB [...] can cause hallucinations if taken in excess, reported Ananova.

I'm reasonably certain that this, like most press coverage of GHB, is complete bullshit. If you take too much GHB you fall asleep, and if you take way, way too much I think you might die of respiratory failure, or something like that.

Whatever fucked those folks up, I'm pretty sure it wasn't just GHB.

You can find information on GHB here, here, and here.

Yeah, my experience with GHB has been pretty much exclusively, "every now and then some fucko tries to drop dead in my club." We have not had any teeth/pliers incidents.

Most anti-drug media is clueless, but GHB is seriously bad news. They're not doing anyone any favors by misreporting about it; the truth is bad enough.

But all that aside: ICK!

• confuseme says:

More accurately, GHB combined with alcohol is seriously bad news. They have a very dangerous interaction of the fucko-dropping-dead variety.

But yes, ick. There's a slightly better article about it here. Also, it looks like the case has been resolved, but somehow it doesn't make me feel any better:

"I turned to face my
        bedroom wall and a
        luminous green and
        pink fly flew out and
        down my throat.

"That's when it /started
        choking me."

She added that, after struggling with the first one, "the
        rest seemed to just fall out" and she had felt no pain.

Interestingly, both BBC articles include the words "grievous bodily harm", which is slang for GHB.

• charles says:

From my vague memory of Criminal Law lectures and English cop shows, GBH (as opposed to GHB) is defined as an assault causing an injury that is permanent or life-threatening. I figure ripping someone's teeth out would qualify.

That said, "Man takes GHB, does GBH" would probably make some sub-editor's day.

• naturalborn says:

I wonder what, short of taking so much morphine you don't know you're alive or so much psychedelics you thought you were on another planet, could cause someone to not realize their teeth were being yanked out.

2. baconmonkey says:

I really hate misdirected, and incorrectly reported sensationalism.
    "the drugs made him do it..."
    "He'd been playing violent video games beforehand..."
    I've never heard of GHB hallucinations - Passing out and droolling yes, but never hallucinations.

4. retrodiva1 says:

Eeewwwweee...ok it doesn't matter what drug they were on the fact remains he pulled out EIGHTEEN of her teeth. Yuck! me/ making a grimace face.