hate my brain

Some time in the last few years, something got mis-patched inside my head. I seem to have completely lost my sense of "hunger." Instead, "hunger" now seems to be cross-connected with "blind rage."

This is terribly inconvenient.

"Oh, I feel like strangling you, perhaps even more than you deserve. I must be hungry, even though I don't feel hungry at all."

It didn't used to work like this. I want my old brain back. This is so unfair.

1. mcgroarty says:

Contrawise, you should see him tear through those HoHos when one of those SCA dungeonmasters mashes their candy bracelet in the keys, MUCKing on one of the club computers.

2. msjen says:

I have the same problem, except I start crying before I can actually strangle anyone.

Carry Clif bars at all times.

3. flavor says:

you sure you hate your brain? Maybe it's just blind rage brought on by hunger.

Given their recent spat of commercials, don't be surprised if you get a call from Snickers.

"Snickers - because preventing hunger will save lives"

4. ammonoid says:

I get the hunger rage, but I get hunger pangs too. With me its more like,"I'm going to strangle you, and then eat you".

5. baconmonkey says:

it's just menopause, don't worry about it. soon you'l be getting hot flashes. Hormone Replacement Therapy might help.

6. q says:

I'm told it's not hunger, it's dehydration. Drink some water.

7. rpkrajewski says:

You're regressing. My sixteen month old daughter does the same thing.

8. phreddiva says:

When I was living in NY & was really, really poor, I didn't eat much. For two years my body was forced to ignore hunger pangs b/c there was nothing I could do about it. Now, I have enough money to eat, but my body seems to have forgotten how to read the signals... so I'll be feeling dizzy & lightheaded and someone else has to ask me if I've eaten because I'll be too dizzy & lightheaded for it to occur to me.

9. mhat says:

When I'm really hungry I get whiny and apathetic. I'll know that I need food but nothing will sound good nor will I want to do anything about it. I can usually
    motivate my self to drink some water and eat a handful of raisn/nutt/driedfruit hippy snacks. That seems to help a lot.

10. insomnia says:

"hunger now seems to be cross-connected with blind rage."

Maybe you need someone over there to switch off the power on you unexpectedly, then tell you to fuck off and get some sushi.

• ronbar says:

Sushi's about as good for filling you up as rice cakes are. Don't get me wrong, I love sushi, but it literally takes $70-$150 of it (depending on how expensive the place is) to fill me up.

That's why I like to make it at home, except it's a pain in the ass.

11. zapevaj says:

It is obvious, by the number of female repsondents to this post sympathizing, and the number of male respondents who are being clueless, that you are simply becoming female. Hi. Fucking get used to it. :)

This phenomenon is the origin of of Devon's "Always feed your girlfriend" rule.