hate computers. hate.

I sure wish I could make Flash work on any of my computers. I like cartoons.
Tags: , , , ,

1. vincel says:

We've just about got Flash5 working under IRIX now. Except that, it only works with NS4 -- Mozilla & Galeon just give up and dump core. So then I have to fire up NS3, which only has Flash4, to which a lot of sites say ``Upgrade, please.'' At which point I give up.

2. naturalborn says:

I got flash working on my debian box (I have no recollection of how). Once in a while it lets me watch something interesting, but mostly it just displays really annoying flashy ads.

3. q says:

I use Gentoo; it was as easy as emerge netscape-flash (though I use Mozilla, and it managed to install Flash on its own)

gosh, it must be fine then.

Plus, though it doesn't crash Netscape 4.78, it won't make sound. All kinds of other programs can make sound fine: real, xmms, gtv, xanim, ogle... Just not flash.

• freiheit says:

You have to cut the head off of the chicken diagonally, and it's very important that you wave it around counterclockwise. And if you don't dance around (clockwise) on one foot singing "I'm a little teapot, short and stout", it'll never work.

Dancing around clockwise while waving the dead chicken counterclockwise is very confusing and is why so few people get Flash working properly on Linux.

• q says:

What version of mozilla?
        Which flash?
        Which distro?
        Which site is doing the crashing?
        Are the planets aligned properly?
        Did you look at it funny?
        Have you tried a 45-degree metric zerk fitting on the idler arm ball joint?

4. ralesk says:

Hmmh, for Linux, there should be flashplayer plugin for Netscape.  Though if that's that doesn't work, I doubt I would be of help.

5. aml says:

the crossover flash works pretty well, for me. i couldn't ever get the linux flash.xpi to install.

6. omni_ferret says:

Have you already tried the crossover plugin from codeweavers, and reaktivate for konqueror?

7. andrewducker says:

D00d, just 1nst@11 W1nd0w5 XP l1k3 th3 r3st of us 133t h@x0rs!

8. ch says:

I'll trade you -- I work hard to keep Flash from working on any of my computers.

9. baconmonkey says:

ahh yes, you're being deprived of that whole trend of "take an obnoxious song and have random images of nostagiac crap like Mr. T and Pee Wee Herman, as well as old video games fly around for no apparent reason"

yeah, good golly, you really are missing out on some important cultural movements.

• yakko says:

Sadly, it can be argued with a good amount of certainty that the flash that's out there is better (and has more content) than what's fed to the average TV set... I'd cancel my cable subscription if I wasn't fearful I'd also lose the DOCSIS that was running over the same coax. I haven't watched TV in about 2yr or so.

*wipes very thick dust from TV set* I use one of these for my video games, however!

10. jwz says:

Mozilla 1.2b + Flash 6.0 r60 beta = it works, sound and everything!

Here, watch some Spumco pr0n..