by Paul Demko
The quotes below are complaints reported by clients of Room 111, a public health clinic in St. Paul that treats people for sexually transmitted diseases. Nurses at the clinic began creating the list two decades ago; it now includes several hundred comments.
<LJ-CUT text=" --More--(13%) ">
- "I have reason to believe my penis was exposed to LSD. When I ejaculate I have flashbacks."
- "My hair is falling out and the sun hurts my crotch."
- "I went to a party, had a few beers, woke up in a closet later on and my face stunk and my dick hurt."
- "My last period looked like meat."
- "My balls feel soft and mushy."
- "I be messin' with these nasty women from Minnesota and they don't tell you they got something unless they mad at you."
- "How am I supposed to do lap dances smelling like a dead fish?"
- "I got the dripper."
- "I have food chunks in my urine."
- "Had sex with my daughter's fiance and then douched with Lysol--feelin' a little raw down there."
- "Scabs on my butt and I'm losing my mind."
- "I'm releasing semen when I take a crap."
- "I was poked in the rectum with the infected finger of a 70-year-old homosexual man."
- "I live at the VA and my roommate has his girlfriend from Minneapolis over. They throw ticks at me that bite my neck and when I pop the sores, they smell like vagina juice."
- "Can't you put the swab in further?"
- "I had sex with my baby's momma, sex with my other baby's momma and my other new baby's momma has disease."
- "Last time I had sex I passed something that looked like Cream of Wheat before it's cooked."
- "My cervix hurts when I jiggle."
- "The seam in my circumcision split open."
- "I be messin' with my ex-wife and my girlfriend and I don't trust either of them."
- "My whole body smells like a menstruating woman, especially my armpits."
- "From the looks of my penis, I believe they are sucking the adrenaline out of me."
- "I think they hypnotized me and put implants and poltergeists in my brain and had sex with me."
- "I think my boyfriend knows what's going on. He's been calling me a 'chlamydiahoris.'"
- "My pee smells like ham."
Courtney Love grieves the loss of her cherished pet, who ate a 'souvenir' the rocker had removed long ago
Doug Camilli, The Gazette
Tuesday, October 29, 2002
I'm sorry, but I've got to admit that Courtney Love is rapidly becoming my very favourite celebrity of all.
I mean, I can't listen to her music, and she really can't act, and she desperately needs to get some fresh air and exercise and sun, and exactly what is wrong with her hair, anyway? But how can a columnist - or a reader - not love stuff like this: her beloved Pomeranian pooch fell over dead after eating one of her breast implants. I'm not making this up. I couldn't; I'm too close to normal.
Through a publicist, Love explained to the New York Post that she had the implants removed some years ago, but kept them as souvenirs. She's not sure what was in them, because "they were bootleg implants from Mexico." She's supposedly disconsolate over the loss.
RABAT (Reuters) - Moroccan surgeons have relieved a 75-year-old woman of what she thought was a long-standing tumor but turned out to be the remains of a 46-year-old fetus, Moroccan newspapers said Thursday.
The woman had complained of abdominal pains, so she underwent surgery in July by a team led by Professor Taibi Ouazzani in Rabat's Avicennes hospital, the newspapers Al Ahdath al-Maghribia and L'Opinion said.
How the team determined how long the woman had carried the fetus was not disclosed, and officials at Avicennes were not immediately available for comment.
Ouazzani's team plans to show a video about the surgery at a news conference Friday.