what is the sound of one knee jerking?

This is hi-larious:

If amerikkkans want to fully protest this coming war and do it so someone listens...

I'm missing the point of the spelling "amerikkkans". Are you saying only white supremacists should follow your directions?

Go twid!

Tags:

1. ralesk says:

I ponder...  KKK is Ku Klux Klan, ne?

2. techstep says:

I never liked the term "Amerikkka". It denotes a lack of creativity masked as a cheap attempt at clever agitprop. Furthermore, it does a disservice to both the US (I have trouble believing that the country is solely a cesspool of racists) and even racism itself (since the term ignores the different shades and tints of racism, and implicitly positions the US as having a monopoly on the bigotry franchise).

• icis_machine says:

... and we all know that isn't true.

i've always been confused about the term.
      it seems like it attempts to tie the KKK to fascist regimes such as hitler's. needless to say, it's usage is confusing and distracting.

• bdu says:

I prefer Amerika for the same purposes... none of that KKK crap to confuse the issue while still somewhat making the allusion to totalitarian/fascist govts.

I think "Amerika" is equally stupid. It doesn't make an allusion to "totalitarian/fascist governments", it only makes allusion to the German language: they don't spell things with a lot of Ks in Italian or Spanish (ok, maybe Russian, but that's really a stretch.) It's just crying "Hitler", which is one of the best ways to get people to stop listening to you.

I've also always thought "Micro$oft" (and Compu$erve" before it) were ignorant and stupid and point-missing in a similar way.

• feren says:

I see people write Microsoft as "M$" and I immediately think of this.

• waider says:

Ditto on that. Also "winzzz" or "lose32", Microsloth, etc. etc. etc. I have to confess I have used some of these in the past, but it just seems ridiculous after a while.

Of course, then there's the whole issue of renaming win32- variables to w32- variables in emacs "because we don't want to associate the word "win" with Microsoft".

I admit to often spelling it "Micros~1", but hey, at least there's an actual technical dig in there...

• nothings says:

That just looks like an allusion to the TV mini-series about Russia invading the US (whose cast Kris Kristofferson, Lara Flynn Boyle, Mariel Hemingway, Sam Neill, and Robert Urich). From which I suppose I can make a leap to a totalitarian US, but I'm more likely to make a leap to "look, bad TV"!

3. evan says:

I think <lj user=infojunkies> was a potentially neat idea that didn't really work out.

It (sometimes) has good stuff, but mostly it's the same two or three guys pretending it's the "Bush sucks" community. (Not that he doesn't suck, but surely there are N other communities dedicated to that.)

• drx says:

it is what the people involved make it. *shrugs* i enjoy the excess noise myself, but i realize that's some kind of fucked up preference (apparently).

"not to be agressive or anything," *smile* but what would you have done, or would do, differently?