I'm so disappointed in Frank

I just finished the third and last issue of "Dark Knight Strikes Again", and it's like, the worst thing Frank Miller has done in fifteen years. It was so rushed, it seemed like I was reading the outline of his story instead of the story itself. And everything in it had been done before, and done better (e.g., Miracleman, Kingdom Come). What a letdown. Blah.
Tags: ,

1. andrewducker says:

I am _so_ tempted not to buy this at all. I was waiting for the collection (due to the inexorable lateness of anything Miller related), but I'm not sure I'll bother at all now.

To be honest, Frank's been going slowly downhill for quite some time, and while he's amazing at his best (Hard Boiled, Elektra Assassin, the first Sin City), he's frequently just sloppy.

2. tombstone says:

3. deviant_ says:

Let's just hope it's because he's devoting time to the script for _Batman: Year One_.

• darwinx0r says:

I can't say I'm looking forward to a Batman movie directed by King Wanker of the Jumpcut tribe.

Yeah, he did such a great job on the scripts for Robocop 2 and 3... (Nothing on IMDB about Year One.)

• deviant_ says:

Look here. Personally, I'm happy to see Aronofsky directing, but I understand that you either love him or hate him. I think it should be more interesting than the prior directors whom Miller has worked with.

Granted, Daredevil should be interesting too, but I'm much more interested in Year One.

I fear the Daredevil movie. A lot. From the insanely-jump-cut preview I saw, it looked like Elektra was an LA blonde (aaauugggh!), and I'm highly dubious about Kingpin being a black guy. It doesn't bother me that the shuffled his skin color around, but I'm afraid that will imply that they'll also have changed his character from Mafia to "gangsta", which is just... so wrong.

• deviant_ says:

Yeah, there's some serious "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka" potential in changing Kingpin to be a black guy. I think I'd rather see somebody like Lawrence Tierney do it, but that might be too reminiscent of Reservoir Dogs. Then again, Duncan plaid a mobster in "The Whole Nine Yards"... oh, nevermind.

4. atakra says:

1. Frank Miller is washed up.
    2. The Daredevil movie will suck, but the Hulk movie won't.
    With that said, buy my graphic novels: