Let me just break it down for you:
- The CIA tortured people;
- Even under to the DOJ's definition of "torture," it tortured people;
- It lied about how many people it tortured;
- It lied about how brutal the torture was;
- It "avoided or impeded" congressional oversight;
- It lied about whether the torture worked; and
- The torture didn't work.
Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein said she was absolutely outraged by this. And by "this," of course, she meant the leak. "If someone distributed any part of this classified report," she said, "they broke the law and should be prosecuted." (That goes double for the part about how none of the torturers have been prosecuted.)
Feinstein has also been outraged by recent revelations that the U.S. government has been spying on its own people. And by "people," of course, she meant "Dianne Feinstein."
Lowering the Bar: