Music of The Future

@Chris_RandallImagine a 70s sci-fi TV show director needing a band for some show set in, say, the year 2013, and coming up with Die Antwoord.
Die Antwoord are to pop culture as 190-proof Everclear is to alcohol: a distilled essence that is dangerous to ingest.
@jwz I know what you mean, but wouldn't it be great if they weren't... you know... terrible?
@Chris_RandallWell, there's that. On the other hand, it saves you from being emotionally affected by the inevitable disappointment
See also: Brokencyde.
@jwz
@Chris_RandallThat Buck Rogers scene was exactly what I was thinking of before.
Tags: , , , ,

1. NotTheBuddha says:

I'm seeing signs of Bowie and Teletubbies among their influences.

2. volk007 says:

Doctor, I actually like Die Antwoord, what's wrong with me?

3. volk007 says:

Also, I'm in the middle of watching Revenge of the Ninja on Netflix.

4. Snow-D says:

That's Chris Randall, as in from Sister Machine Gun? Whoa.

5. gths says:

Well, at least it's not Skrillex.

6. Jeremy Wilson says:

Hmm, I need to add Buck Rogers to my "re-watch shit I loved when I was 9" list.

7. Ian Young says:

So music in the retrofuture will sound like Daft Punk? Because that's already a thing.

Heck, You could probably drop Winny Puuh footage into that episode and it'd not raise suspicion.

8. madopal says:

Isn't it funny how much of our futurism is formed by our first experiences to it? I always am amazed at how some proto 198A memories were formed by seeing Buck Rogers, Logan's Run, and whatever other weird late night computer demo vids were shown. And despite the fact that all attempts to predict the future sucked, somehow, they still feel more futuristic than much of what's actually going on today. I wonder if it's the corollary of inheriting your family's baggage.

You never forget your first satin mall jumpsuit, ADM-3A terminal, or emotionless female computer voice...

9. R. De Wereld says:

Sorry kids, but that ain't Buck Rogers! It's teh original Battlestar Galactica! :-D

10. R. De Wereld says:

Aehm, ok. The joke is on me. Of course I was referring to teh second video. :-)