jwz mixtape 125

Oops, it has been a month and a half since the last one!
Please enjoy jwz mixtape 125.

Tags: , , ,
Current Music: as noted

1. LafinJack says:

The LJ mirror gives this error in place of the embed:

Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains.

2. nooj says:

Track 3 (Sally Dige -- Immaculate Deception (2011))'s visuals are a vast improvement over Boy George!

Lyrics are about the same.

Track 4 (Kap Bambino -- White Voodoo (2012)) was interesting. I liked that it was short; it made its point and moved on. Have to check out some more videos to see if it plays well. Apparently they're great live. "Of Montreal" great? or "Phish" great?

Kap Bambino put on a very energetic show, but they're probably not much to watch unless you're in the pit getting your lip split open, like, uh, happened to me last time. The same could be said of Crystal Castles, though Kap Bambino is better.

• nooj says:

Then I am definitely gonna go see them! I haven't been in a good mosh pit in a long time; I think I go to all the wrong concerts.

Also I'm not seeing the Boy George connection. I think you meant Propaganda.

• nooj says:

I thought the Machinery video couldn't get any better when I saw people reading books while swinging from "tackle suits," and then I saw the dancing puppet chair with shoes.

Then I watched Dr. Mabuse. "Why does it hurt when my heart misses the beat?"

Oh, 80's, why have you forsaken us?

3. James C. says:

There is a dup post in the RSS feed that points to http://www.jwz.org/blog/2013/02/jwz-mixtape-125-2/ but that’s a 404.