jwz mixtape 123

Please enjoy jwz mixtape 123.

This one demonstrates that music videos are the last stand of 80s Fantasy Movies.

By the way, wow is the new XX album boring. What the hell happened?? It's so disappointing it makes me angry!

Also it's probably time for me to accept that Placebo have moved into that Depeche Mode post-Violator part of their career where the new stuff makes me go, "Yeah, I guess that still kinda sounds like them" and then I immediately forget that it exists.

I hope Brooke Candy's 15 minutes are over real soon now.

Tags: , , ,
Current Music: as noted

1. mica says:

how do you feel about grammar corrections?
    *their

2. Tkil says:

I tried to use wget to retrieve the latest copy of youtubedown, but I received a "403 Forbidden". I'm assuming that you've had to lock down your site to avoid various DoS or other attacks, but is this particular outcome intentional? (I ended up cutting and pasting it out of a browser window, and that worked fine, so it's not at all critical.)

As always, thanks for the tools and the toys.

• Jon Dowland says:

Stupid question. Who is/would DoS youtube-downloader tools, and why? The music industry?

• Tkil says:

I suspect it's less about this particular file, and more about general defensive service hosting on jwz's part.

E.g., the dnalounge site has zillions of pictures; blocking robots (or, anything that doesn't seem to be driven by a human) make sense just to save bandwidth, let alone mitigating DoS attacks.

Yes, I block robots of all sorts because there are lots of idiots out there who don't know how to operate their robots politely. You must be this tall to operate a robot. If my simple countermeasures confound you then you have too much 'puter.

3. sparc says:

Trent Reznor's wife looks like the asian Jennifer Connelly in that How To Destroy Angels video.

4. NotTheBuddha says:

Beware the body parts known as man, for they are the devil's pawns.

5. Jered says:

WTF; does YouTube's playlist interface change about once a month, or is it just me?

• Jered says:

Also this is the best playlist in a long time; thanks for all the new music!

• madopal says:

The worst new thing is that they changed the annotations on color from red to white so now it's harder to tell when they're on.

I'm glad they finally added the ability for entries in a playlist to have start and stop times, so that I can trim out needlessly long intros and credit sequences. That was added a bit before the recent UI change, but not too long ago.

6. nooj says:

Thanks for posting this last night! Someone had decided to be a youtube DJ, with the usual hateful results. I saw this on the feed, asserted host privilege, hit play, and everything was roses and light.

7. MJ says:

I know these things are a pain to put together, but I get excited every time I see you post one. So, thanks for these.