Burrito Bomber

The world's first airborne mexican food delivery system

It works like this:

1. You connect to the Burrito Bomber web-app and order a burrito. Your smartphone sends your current location to our server, which generates a waypoint file compatible with the drone's autopilot.

2. We upload the waypoint file to the drone and load your burrito in to our custom made Burrito Delivery Tube.

3. The drone flies to your location and releases the Burrito Delivery Tube. The burrito parachutes down to you, the drone flies itself home, and you enjoy your carne asada.

Previously, previously, previously.

Tags: , , ,

1. TimeDoctor says:

I look forward to this upgrade to Amazon prime. I could just open my window in my apartment building/tower in Oakland and have the drone sling a DVD or book or whatever right in.

• Adolf Osborne says:

Or a pizza. Or a sub. Or an order of cold-cut sandwiches. Or some wings. Or a Gyro. Or a pan of lasagna. Or a Coke. Or a pack of smokes. Or a twelve-pack. Or a bottle of good booze. Or a novel. Or a gasket for a BMW, or some spark plugs for a Chevy.

I, for one, welcome our all-hovering, all-flying, addict-feeding electronic friends who are able to quickly and cleverly deliver our pre-paid wares through any available open window. And even if an open window is not available, I welcome the opportunity to go looking for the thing I bought in the public thoroughfare (or my own lawn), given at least updates by SMS within the half-minute or so with proper GPS coordinates.

I will even monetarily compensate our flying friends for the thrill of the hunt.

I implore our friends to also offer mixed drinks. "Tequila on the rocks with cherries? Are you sure? Nobody ever wants that."

"Because I already paid you to bring it to me!"

"Right, then. Heads up, and good luck!" foomp

2. Roger says:

Pish tosh. Did you see how far he had to walk to pick up the burrito, parachute and capsule? This is obviously completely impractical.

Now if they did it with quadcopters then we are talking. The burrito can be delivered right into your hands without your arse leaving the seat, there is no need for excessive packaging (and parachutes) and it can take photos to confirm you actually received the item and possibility even deal with payment.

• Andy says:

You're looking for Tacocopter.

• Ben says:

I mean, clearly a burrito is carried on a fixed wing vehicle, the fineness ratio demands it.

In unrelated news, I'm looking for A round funding for my latest project, BaglRockt.

• Pavel Lishin says:

I'd rather wait for the Intercontinental Ballistic Meal. Some pierogis from Moscow would hit the spot right about 30 minutes from now.

• MDR says:

Hmm... you could have a submersible vehicle that hunted fish and then deployed sushi via rocket.

3. Back in the 1980s a friend specced out an intercontinental ballistic pizza delivery system, where the re-entry heat would cook the 'za so it arrived just right.

4. mds says:

Under the 2001 AUMF (Authorization for the Use of Mexican Food), the President may greenlight burrito delivery to anyone he deems affiliated with El Quesadilla. If an entire wedding party ends up covered in guacamole, that is simply regrettable collateral damage.