Looks like what you'd get if SRL took up Taiko drumming.
Holy crap that was awesome.
Thanks for a reminder that I used to like Industrial music.
What could possibly go wrong?
The world was a better place before those Whitesnake fuckers went and blew themselves up, and this video is a wonderful witness of this. Fire is always awesome (in all meanings of the word), and when it's handled properly it's even safe. There's all sorts of fireproof ways to build a stage set, and all sorts of ways to protect a building from fire (sprinklers are a hell of a good start, which The Station didn't have).
I don't know what particular kind of foam was used at The Station, or why it burned so quickly (perhaps it was painted or otherwise treated for visual appeal), but my experience (a few years prior to that incident) of trying to burn a chunk of Studiofoam(tm) was a complete failure. The stuff turned intumescent very quickly when exposed to fire, which always caused it to rapidly self-extinguish -- nothing like the approximate 1-foot-per-second flame spread reported at The Station.
If I had money to burn, I'd get a some large-ish sheets of Studiofoam, hang them vertically, and film a video of the mess being bombarded with various fireworks and blowtorches. I expect that such an endeavor would be very smokey and stinky, and possibly a lot of fun, but still very unexciting with regards to burning foam unless it were soaked with some manner of accelerant (which would make a fine finale).
There are two kinds of foam panel, one fire resistant, one not fire resistant (I'm guessing it's ok to use that between drywall or something). They used the non fire resistant, when code said they should have used fire resistant. That is what I remember.
Safety law is written in blood.
And people will head out the way the came in, even if it is a bad idea.
Wikipedia says I'm wrong, that the nature of the foam has never been released into the public record.
Also, the building should have had sprinklers, as the conversion to nightclub ended it's exemption, but it seems that no one realized that. That would have suppressed the fire enough to minimize deaths.