I assume high-speed cameras have a function other than watching shit blow up...

...but I don't think I need to know what that is.

Tags: ,

1. Chas. Owens says:

I like that they are safety conscious enough to use an electric mower indoors instead of a gas mower.

They either have an amazing set-dresser or Denmark has a lot of cheap, abandoned houses, because a lot of those buildings are not going to be habitable after these stunts...

• Different Jamie says:

They could film in Cleveland. Lots of houses there that nobody seems to want.

• Leolo says:

You will notice a few kitchen shots in the same kitchen. I think these are the same people that filled bathroom full of water until the floor gave way. They eventually burned that house down with grease fire.

• Christian Borup says:

I saw an interview with the two hosts about the show.
        Apparently, they only use the one house throughout the series. The house was barely habitable at the start of the series, and really not habitable after.

2. Chris says:

What kind of egg is that?

3. Leolo says:

Bathroom destruction.
    Grease fire.

OK, not the same show.

4. Mom is going to be so pissed when she gets home.

5. CraigM says:

This is like a best-of-clips reel for Mythbusters.

6. Koobs says:

I forgive you for exposing me to that superman... thing... the other day.

• MattyJ says:

Which you watched all the way through like the rest of us, right? I wish someone was there with a high speed camera when I bleached my eyes after that one.

• Koobs says:

Of course I did. I sat there, helpless, as interest turned to boredom, boredom to confusion, confusion to panic, panic to horror, and finally, when even my horror had fled, I was left empty, devoid of conscious thought (fortunately I was on the internet already, so no one noticed).

This, however, has satisfied some visceral need in me. It's not just the superb high-speed, but the incongruous and extreme destruction. None of those things belong indoors, but I can't stop grinning.

• pavel_lishin says:

Man, you guys must be on a different internet than I am. If I ever achieve my dream of having a gigantic monitor wall in my house, at any given point that Superman video will be playing in high-speed on at least two screens at any given time.

7. LionsPhil says:

For the coke and bullet at 2:30, does it actually ricochet back and hit the can from the other side?

8. Edouard says:

I've watched an awful lot of high speed photography, but those were inspired. As always, thank-you for bring the awesome.

As an aside, I once re-encoded a bunch of videos that had been shot at 1000-5000fps back to real-time - i.e. 5000fps - to test the video scratching product I used to be involved with. Move the record even smallest amount, and scrub back and forward over shit blowing up. Lots of fun.

9. Joe says:

Vastly more satisfying than, and what should've happened in, the Vacuum Superman.

10. Elusis says:

It's so... relaxing...

11. DaveL says:

They need different titles:
    "Flour and Candle" -> "When My Meth Lab Blew Up"
    "Waterbed and Needle" -> "When 'That Superman Thing' Got A Stiffy"
    etc.

12. Daniel says:

Watching people being punched in the face would run a close second:

13. Nathan Roberts says:

The part where they blow up the barbecue grill reminds me of the time when George Goble of Purdue University discovered that you could light a barbecue grill really goddamn fast by pouring liquid oxygen onto it.

Turns out, if you try it on a dollar-store grill, the only thing you'll be cooking is the grill itself. And when I say 'cooking', what I really mean is 'reducing to slag'.

Sadly, the video isn't nearly as high quality as this one.