Wall Street Mocks Protesters By Drinking Champagne

Of course there was a Facebook invite:

Apparently this was happening at "Ciprani Residences", an expensive private club with condos. You keep it classy, plutocrats.

Tags: , , ,

1. Tkil says:

Almost enough to make me want to bust out my copy of American Psycho.

Almost.

• DFB says:

These protests make me sad. I wish I could sit down with every one of them and explain that they would be far more effective going door to door or making phone calls for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. They would tell me that the Democrats are nearly as corrupt as the Republicans. We would both be correct.

• Bill says:

Nearly?

• pavel_lishin says:

I doubt they'd reach as many doors as they did with the media coverage they're receiving.

Plus, strength in numbers and all that - one jobless hippy at someone's door can be discounted as a kook, a mass of jobless hippies might still be kooks, but you have to acknowledge that at least there's a lot of them.

• foljs says:

Historically protests and strikes have been highly successful.

Most of the things you take for granted now were achieved thusly, back when the US had a strong labor movement.

• DFB says:

Historically recently we have not had a strong labor movement because protesters were more interested in socializing than getting out the vote.

2. Elusis says:

I see that money still can't buy you a decent spell-check.

3. It's really too bad this is a non-violent protest. These assholes could really use to be strung up.

• Elusis says:

I hear guillotines aren't hard to rig up from easily-available materials.

• Leonardo Herrera says:

But that would involve, like, work, man.

• foljs says:

It's more probably the asshole on the balcony who is has never, like, worked, man.

The protesters have all had their share of shitty jobs, overtime, underpaid exploitation et al. Hippies died in the '70s, like, man.

4. Travis Roy says:

Fake Occupy Wall Street pic making the rounds on the social networks. Here it is exposed - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2175597/occupywallstfake.jpg

5. TJIC says:

While on any scale (normal or logarithmic) my income and net worth are right next to that of the homeless guy WATCHING the protesters from a nearby alley, I think this is hilarious.

Dirty hippies want to block streets and bang on pots? Great. This is America, more power to them, marketplace of ideas, yadda yadda yadda.

...but what better way to respond to incoate class warfare against "Wall Street"?

Turn it right around.

"If you want condescension and snot, you know where to find it...right up here on this balcony. Cheers!"

6. AsteriskCGY says:

Part of me feels like this is a prank shot for the pure comedy of the image. We know finance people have no sense of humor.

Right, my first thought was that this was the Yes Men or something, but circumstantial evidence seems to suggest otherwise.

7. Stephen Harris says:

FWIW, that balcony looked like it was part of the restaurant area and not "private club"

8. Sploggle says:

Today's word is 'elitists'.

9. Ralf Hildebrandt says: