- Take a glob of William S. Burroughs' preserved shit
- Isolate the DNA with a kit
- Make, many, many copies of the DNA we extract
- Soak the DNA in gold dust
- Load the DNA dust into a genegun (a modified air pistol)
- Fire the DNA dust into a mix of fresh sperm, blood and shit
- Call the genetically modified mix of blood, shit, and sperm a living bioart, a new media paint, a living cut-up literary device and/or a mutant sculpture.
Where is the shit?
The shit is preserved in Lawrence, Kansas by old friends of Bill. The Burroughs Estate has given us their thumbs up to the project.
What kind of genes are in shit?
The Intestinal Flora Genome Project studies the microflora of human guts. It is possible that each person has their own signature microbiota populations.