BEE WEEN!

The story of Joe The Mellisophile
About another 2-3 weeks go by. He starts asking me some odd questions about my pain threshold and I mention casually that I quite enjoy having injections/giving blood because, well, I do. What? Not in a sexual way, although in retrospect I should have pointed that out.
Tags: , , ,

1. mc_kingfish says:

Really liked the term "Beenis."

2. cameo says:

I can verify that many people in San Francisco have this type of melissophilia.

Let me also direct your attention to http://www.furiousvaginas.com/2008/10/b-is-for-bee-stings.html

People freak me out. And I can't remember how many people have come to my bee store asking for information on how to get stung.

• elusis says:

Man, you would think there would be some line of retail work in which you didn't wind up playing social worker/sex worker/therapist for people, and I would have nominated "beekeeping supplies" as being a good candidate, but apparently not.

• strspn says:

"Trait dominance is associated with reactivity to and recovery from acute stressors, particularly social challenges." (2009) "Cardiovascular functioning, personality, and the social world: The domain of hierarchical power," Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews 33(2): 145-59. If they put it in the abstract that way, does that mean that behavioral indicators of dominance are not significantly associated with stressors? I don't want to pay $31.50 to find out but I know some people can get that journal for free.

I did pay $12 for Bugental (2000) and was so impressed, I am now in correspondence with the author about applications.

Figure 1. The five domains of social life. Shared reproductive interests are indicated by overlapping circles; negotiation or competition is indicated by arrows. Size differences reflect level of symmetry in control of resources. Dotted lines indicate presence of barriers in the service of defense of resources and/or protection against danger or rivals. The mating domain is positioned centrally as a reflection of its overlapping role with other domains among humans.

• freiheit says:

I guess there's a corollary to Rule 34 for retail work.

3. How does one un-read something they have read? Oh dear GAWD.

4. antabakalj says:

No "Previous" Link to the "Uh oh. How can we have sex?" bit?

5. pavel_lishin says:

Did anyone else instantly think of Rant?