I've had days like that

Anti-WTO demonstrators throw liquid feces on Mexican riot police guarding the meeting of the World Trade Organization in Cancun, Mexico on Saturday, Sept. 13, 2003. (AP Photo/Jaime Puebla)
Tags: , , ,

1. christowang says:

They don't mess around. For a minute I wondered how they made the liquid feces so smooth, then I realized I shouldn't really think about that.

2. ivorjawa says:

I do believe that would get you shot in the good ol' USA.

3. netik says:

"The newspaper story says the origins of human communication can be traced to 65 million years ago when, scientists say, vervet monkeys developed a means of communicating via throwing feces at one another. Certainly, their means of communication was crude and, by today's standards, would get them their own show on MTV. Their manner of communicating was only sophisticated enough to warn each other about approaching predators, participate in complex mating rituals and go on Jerry Springer to throw feces at one another."

4. candid says:

Days like the demonstrators had, or days like the riot police had? Or both?

5. jck says:

This is why I can't stand most protests and the people who attend them. Why are they doing this to the cops? There are probably a lot of cops in that group who don't like the WTO's actions any more than the feces-throwing demonstrators - they're just doing their jobs. (Granted, there are probably plenty of cops who couldn't give a shit [heh heh] about the WTO, but you can't fling selective liquid poo.)

Why don't the protesters get Super Soakers and squirt poo at the actual WTO members - you know, the people that pose the actual problems?

• dingodonkey says:

Because making sense makes their heads go "hurt".

Uh, presumably because they can't get close enough to do so, due to there being riot cops in the way?

• mattbot says:

This is happening in the third world which is on the shitting end of the WTO food chain so it does have a certain poetic charm. Also given the notorious corruption of the Mexican police, I doubt there was much hestitation on the part of the protesters to unleash the poo. Perhaps it would have been more effective to skip even the super soakers and escalate to diverting the open street sewers straight into the police phalanx. But I doubt the WTO held their fling in that part of town...

6. billemon says:

Yes, like everyone else, my first thoughts were "Where are the lumps?" and "Good shot!"

I think Jamie hit the nail on the head though ... if they could get close enough to the WTO members to complain, there would be no need for protest. However, that's not going to happen, is it?

*stops stating obvious*

• thesliver says:

Well, it used to happen, until Seattle. Now they try and secret themselves away in some extremely expensive resort they can barb wire for the weekend.

7. baconmonkey says:

hey, did you notice that the person right above the bucket has yellow on their face...

also, look, this post can be tied into a stupid quiz thanks to cruel.com