Movie studio capitulates to Christians who complained about "historical inaccuracies" in Noah, a film about a man who fit all the animals ever into a single boat, sans provisions, and lived.
"God, why did you create so many fucking idiots?"
Given that I also write for The Onion, I feel I should point out that this article is not from The Onion. But if we were better people -- did less of that awful sinning against the Lord and stuff -- we could live in a world where it would be.
(Also, the movie looks like a giant stinky turd.)
- pmset -g assertions | grep DisplaySleep
This makes no goddamned sense, of course. NoIdleSleepAssertion makes sense for audio, but NoDisplaySleepAssertion only makes sense if video is actively playing and not paused, not merely audio.
The only way to fix this is to gently apply the Stick of Correction to the binary:
- sudo sh
perl -pi -e 's/N(oDisplaySleepAssertion)/_$1/g' /usr/sbin/coreaudiod
Then you have to replace the signature with your own or it won't launch:
- codesign -vfs 'Your Name' /usr/sbin/coreaudiod
Then restart it:
- killall coreaudiod
You'll probably have to do that again every time you upgrade the OS. "Hooray."
- $ cmd='use LWP::UserAgent;
$ /usr/bin/perl -e "$cmd"
$ /opt/local/bin/perl -e "$cmd"
The error in the former case is this pack of lies:
- Can't connect to www.facebook.com:443 (Host is down)
LWP::Protocol:: https::Socket: connect: Host is down at /Library/
Unofficial SXSW 2014 Music Showcase - over 1200 songs from 1200 different bands from the upcoming Annual music, film, and interactive conference and festival held in Austin, TX. More complete than www.sxswtorrent.com - contains rips from youtube, soundcloud, and the SXSW site itself.
Upcoming events of note:
|Sat, Mar 01:||Trapeze @ Rickshaw Stop|
|Fri, Mar 07:||Point Break Live: Early, Late @ DNA Lounge|
|Tue, Mar 11:||Odd Salon: Rogue @ DNA Lounge|
|Fri, Mar 14:||Mortified @ DNA Lounge|
|Wed, Mar 19:||Go Chic @ DNA Lounge|
|Sun, Mar 23:||K.Flay @ Bottom of the Hill|
|Tue, Mar 25:||Odd Salon: Fake @ DNA Lounge|
|Thu, Apr 03:||Terminator Too: Judgement Play @ DNA Lounge|
|Tue, Apr 08:||Dum Dum Girls @ Independent|
What have you got?
- Snoop Lion's creperie sponsored by Target and Morgan Stanley will be constructed in a hot air balloon circling the UT Tower!!! RT to RSVP!
- Bon Iver will be crying while discussing the majesty of breakfast tacos during Tumblr's Feelings Showcase! RSVP by spitting on an iPhone 4!
- A support group for unverified Twitter users will be held at Maggie Mae's! Please attend, you're still technically a human being! #SXSW
- #SXSW party tip: The only cover charge is your soul
- .@thefader SCHED: 1 PM - John Mayer insult comedy tour 2:30 PM - Bassist from The Strokes tries cello for 1st time 5 PM -New Apple ringtones
- #SXSW party tip: RSVPing is much more fulfilling than attending
- #SXSW party tip: Your dignity is worth about one and a half free beers and a koozie
- Imagine Dragons and Adam Sandler will be hosting a benefit concert to promote the Kickstarter for Enron 2!! RSVP by like, needing brunch!!
- #SXSW party tip: The person you're talking to definitely wants to hear more about bitcoin. Just keep talking about bitcoin.
- BREAKING: Kanye West is going to be sticking it to the patriarchy at Wal-Mart's Goldman Sachs party brought to you by Oil!
- Mark Zuckerberg will be shooting a money cannon at whoever 3D prints a Facebook user! RSVP by googling whether it's OK to like Macklemore!
- Coke is paying Zooey Deschanel and Lana Del Rey to look bored while playing recorders by Town Lake! RSVP by caring so much about not caring!
- Tinder is throwing a shallow pool party at Zilker Park! RSVP by referring to yourself as Time's 2006 Person of the Year in your Twitter bio!
- She & Him are staring inquisitively at the "Hi How Are You" Frog mural for the next 9 hours! RSVP by being self-conscious about your fedora!
- Ke$ha is giving a TED Talk from a moving limousine entitled "Hydrofracking of the Mind"! RSVP by vajazzling a buddy! #SXSW
- Gary Busey will give a lecture titled "The Peanut Butter Monsters Want To Kidnap Me!" in the 2nd floor bathroom of LBJ library, 3rd stall